SOLD -- Premier Genista

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cool kit.

For the early 90's Yamaha was "making" the Premiers. So the best Premiers could have been as good as YRC's. I picked up a 1990's Premier Hi Hat stand recently and it was a virtual clone of the Yamaha YRC model of that period....except for the Premier foot pedal and Premier decal on the center tube.
Interesting. I knew that Yamaha made the drums for a period of time, but never thought about the hardware.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yup, that looks like a Yamaha cymbal stand except the wing bolts are not the "W" style. Feet might be different too. Same decal as on my Premier hi hat stand. Even the decal has a red stripe at the base....another thing borrowed from Yamaha as they used those red line stripes from mid-80's to early 90's. Then the purple line decals and Art Deco wing bolts showed up.

kickdrum

Reaction score
This is a 100% Birch Premier Genista drumset from the 90's. These are the British made drums with the Finnish birch undersized shells.

IMO, these sound even better than the 3 Yamaha Recording Custom drumsets that I had in the past.

The chrome on these is in nice shape. There are a few knicks in the finish with a larger amount on the batter hoop where a cowbell or something was mounted by a previous owner and chewed the hoop up a bit.

Sizes: 22" bass, 10", 12", 14" and 16" hanging toms.
Included is the bass tom mount and a clamp mount for the 14" hanging tom and one for the 16" tom.

The cymbals, stands, snare, and other hardware are NOT included.

I am happy to Facetime you so you can see them in person and direct me to areas you want to see closer or from different angles.

I am willing to drive up to an hour to meet you if you are from far away. $1100 + shipping.

Open to trades - possibly for a Gretsch kit - RB, USA Custom, Brooklyn, Broadcaster, etc.; Yamaha Club Custom, WMP Buddy Rich sized Slingerland, etc. If you have other higher end kits, I may consider something else as well. Thanks!

Where about in Virginia are you? Is this shell pack still for sale?

xsabers

World's Second Most Okayest Drummer
Reaction score
Just FYI, the original Genistas are Finnish birch. The maple option didn't exist until the series was "reissued".
So you're saying they were a Finnish finish????

Rhyma Hop

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Cool kit.

For the early 90's Yamaha was "making" the Premiers. So the best Premiers could have been as good as YRC's. I picked up a 1990's Premier Hi Hat stand recently and it was a virtual clone of the Yamaha YRC model of that period....except for the Premier foot pedal, wing bolts, and Premier decal on the center tube.
I don't think Yamaha was actually making their drums. They owned Premier for a couple of years.. and were making Yamaha top level drums from the Premier factory in England. But the Premier products were still heavily undersized which was a result of the British equipment. The HARDWARE stands etc.. were coming from the Yamaha factory in asia from what I remember.

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I live in St. Louis, MO. It looks like about a 13 or 14 hour drive. Let me thinkk about it. Do the toms come with the Rims mounts?
Yes the tom arms and RIMS mounts are included, as are the clamps to hang the 14" and 16" onto a cymbal stand.

You would have a bit of a drive, but it could also be a great opportunity to visit Washington, DC, as the nation's capitol is only about 35 minutes away. The Cherry trees are blooming.

kickdrum

Reaction score
Yes the tom arms and RIMS mounts are included, as are the clamps to hang the 14" and 16" onto a cymbal stand.

You would have a bit of a drive, but it could also be a great opportunity to visit Washington, DC, as the nation's capitol is only about 35 minutes away. The Cherry trees are blooming.
In the photos the top of the kick appears to quite a few scratches on the finish, is that true or is it just reflections or dirt? Yes I am still considering your kit.

ConvertedLudwigPlayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
In the photos the top of the kick appears to quite a few scratches on the finish, is that true or is it just reflections or dirt? Yes I am still considering your kit.
Hi Kickdrum, There are certainly some scratches and knicks on it. But there are some reflections in the pictures. I tried to take pictures from various angles to give a better representation. If you want more pictures, just let me know and I can you some additional ones. I am happy to Facetime and move the phone around so you can see whatever you would like from different angles.

Latest posts