SOLD Slingerland 1977 80N 5 Pce. set !

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There was a small window when Slingerland utilized the four spur setup on the 22 inch bass. The Buddy Rich kits were actually sold with the 22 inch bass standard in the early 70s with the 24 as an upcharge.
In 72, the bass were twin spur. By 76, they were four spur per bass. This kit is from the time period when the 22 with four spurs each was standard on the Buddy kit. In 79, when they went through the redesign and renaming phase, the kits stayed with the four spur setup.
Note, the four spur setup was available standard on a few different models ... not just the Buddy kit.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
All 70's Buddy Rich 80N 22" bass drums came with twin pairs of spurs standard.

You made me stop and question myself. I almost went back to my catalogues to double check ... and then I remembered ...

I owned a 1971 80N in Mahogany ... I pulled up the pics and sure enough ... four spur 22.

Cracked me up!

In my defense, I've owned more than just a couple of kits. I might have forgotten about actually owning that one. Hahahahaha. Something about gray hair and synapse fatigue.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Here are pictures of my 1968 80N kit, complete with factory installed 4 spurs on a 22" bass drum. The 80N was cataloged with a 22", but with the option for a 24" bd. This beautiful kit is now in the loving care of member CSR!

-Mark

Attachments

Reactions: CSR

Fullerton 9/72

Reaction score
I remember one episode of the Merv Griffen show one afternoon in the 1970's when Buddy was a guest. He sat in with the small house band and played a jazz tune on a modern Slingerland kit - black I believe - coasting of three small concert toms, a 20 or 22 inch kick, snare and floor. Well during Buddy's powerful solo, the single left spur apparently failed, telescoped in and the whole set tilted about 20 degrees. Buddy continued playing, however and finished the number. The incident was on Youtube a couple of years back, but I can't find it.

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
A final price drop because it is my 4th Anniversary Sale ! $1500USD plus shipping ! Grab it :)

Mackermanesq

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
In comparison to what one might be able to purchase in new drums for $1500 USD, this is an absolute bargain!

Latest posts