SOLD Slingerland Modern Jazz outfit red tiger pearl

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOLD Super cool Slingerland Red Tiger Modern Jazz outfit.
This set was a regular gigging set, but is still in very nice 8/10 condition. The sizes are 14x20" bass drum with setomatic tom mount and single setomatic arm, 8x12" tom tom and 14x14 floor tom. These drums have all original parts...no extra holes or modifications.
Because they have been gigged, they are not mint, but they are very clean. Shells are shiny with only minor dings / wear marks, chrome is above average with some occasional pits if you look, but overall very smooth and shiny.
8 x 12" tom... Black / silver badge, 3 ply shell, all original stick saver rim shot hoops, large knob tone control, original tension rods and washers, setomatic plate. Nice clean interior and edges. Some snare rub on shell.
14 x 14" floor tom... Black / silver badge, 3 ply shell, original stick saver rim shot hoops, one has a bump near its seam;small knob tone control and original leg mounts and legs with new rubber feet. Small light scratch by the badge which is loose. Clean interior. Batter side edge is a little rough, but fine. Original tension rods and washers.
14 x 20" bass drum... Black silver badge, setomatic tom mount with single setomatic arm included. 3 ply shell. Hoops have been repainted... both have correct inlays. All original T rods (a couple may be slightly bent) and claws. Some chipping and wear on the hoops with typical lots of wear where the pedal mounts. Original spur mounts and spurs.
THE SNARE DRUM in the photos is not included and not available.

The red tiger wrap looks deeper and more 3D in person than it does in the pics. I've collected Slingerland tiger pearl drums since the '70s. This set has only the second 14x14" (not stage band) floor tom I've seen in this color.
Generic heads are on the drums, so you'll probably want to replace them.
$1400 plus shipping in two boxes. No trades please.

rtfront1.jpg
rtfull1.JPG
rtft1.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Sheer torture! You stop this, right now!
- (he says as he gets out his wallet).

studrum

DFO Master
Reaction score
Up in the top three of great kits on offer here lately, the other two being that 50's and that 60's Gretsch kits.

Rich K.

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was asked about serial numbers. The small tom and bass came together, the floor tom came separately but is likely from the same narrow time period.

Attachments

Glassman

Reaction score
Absolutely fantastic! I am setting up my 1973 RTP kit right now for an emerging project. I personally love the finish. Mine is absolutely beat compared to your set. Previous owner was less than kind.