SOLD Slingerland Stage Band June 1966 WMP 20/13/14

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Slingerland White Marine Pearl Stage Band in 20/13/14 sizes (cataloged). Bass drum and tenor tom are Niles gold badge and stamped Jun ‘66. Floor tom has split lugs, chocolate interior, interior “P” stamp, Niles silver badge number 27620 and approximate date of 1970. It is a nice addition and quite valuable in this all original condition. The original owner states that these shells were purchased together at Jack’s Drum and Guitars in SLC and the wrap coloring and merchant labels likely supports this claim. Point being, this is a well preserved dry high desert drum set.

All 3 shells are vintage 3 ply mahogany/poplar/maple with reinforcement rings. No extra holes or interior ply cracks. Tenor tom batter bearing edge has one small dented area (pictured) that can be easily fixed if you desire. Remember it’s small so I’ve just left it alone and it tunes up fine for me. The remainder of the set edges are very good. Heads and hoops fit easily. Wrap is beautiful and bright! Mild discoloration exists, most evident where the former hardware existed, however notice the absence of typical WMP yellowing. Seams are tight and overall condition is excellent. Chrome pieces are also in excellent condition.

13” has brass hoops. Bass drum hoops have been replaced with premium black lacquered type 10 ply maple hoops. Original center mount/cymbal brackets have been removed (which were junk on this model) and replaced with other hardware. The tom now hangs on an updated Gibraltar/DW system that is super stable and adjustable (included). Shell pack hardware otherwise appears to be original. Rubber feet on the spurs and legs has been replaced. Set has new/newer updated drum heads all around with exception to the Slingerland Reso.

This vintage Slingy sounds amazing! It has the right balance of vintage sound and look with modern functionality.

CONUS Only. Sorry no trades. Paypal. Also available through Reverb. PM as needed. Thanks for looking/commenting.

SOLD!

Attachments

Last edited:

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Surprised not to see comments just on brightness of the WMP alone.

Tama CW

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sad these are still here.....and that Slingy is the stepchild of vintage drums.......
this is a great deal!
In looking for a decent Slingerland kit the past year, part of the reason for the "stepchild" syndrome is probably because they might be the most altered and messed with of all the major USA drums of the 60's and early 70's. A totally original Slingerland kit in nice shape does get decent attention.

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sad these are still here.....and that Slingy is the stepchild of vintage drums.......
this is a great deal!
I’m surprised to still see them. I’ve since seen another Stage Band with the split lug FT. Helps validate the memory of the prior owner of this set. Stepchild or not of all the many sets and brands I own I keep coming back to Slingerland. Just beautiful sounding drums at a real value. Played this ‘63 MJO last night.
1563404461424.jpeg

drumtimejohn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Look at that, Sold on Reverb. Also had a contact from eBay yesterday too. Must have been the DFO bump mojo. Thanks!

Latest posts