SOLD! Sonor D518X Phonic Plus 8”x14” Beech snare - RARE & AMAZING!

barryabko

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sonor Link era D518X 8” x 14” 9 ply pure Beech shell with Series II throw off and extended snare wires for exceptional sensitivity and articulation. Excellent condition. This snare has power, authority and sounds incredible!! Remo Ambassador batter head, Remo Ambassador snare side head and Pearl extended snare wires. These snares rarely come up for sale.

Thanks!

Photos: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oil8ifcstf5fi2f/AADe5YKFxnzG9gh94zrm2iq-a?dl=0

Last edited:

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have this exact snare in white as well. Dare I say it is better IMHO then the venerable Signature 580. The 580 was Sonors first Signature snare introduced around 1980 with the owners name, representing the companies vision of the ultimate wood snare. Really thick, lots of metal with 12 lugs on gen 1 and the wires today are hard to come by. The 508x is still thick but 9 ply vs 12, 10 lugs, and the extended wires can be had from Sonor and others (the Pearls are great and cheap). You still need a robust snare stand that can hold the weight and accomdiate an 8" deep snare.

The poor mans 580. I sold my 580 and kept the 508x. I think it's better. GLWS

Latest posts