SOLD Tama SLP 14X8 Big Black Steel Snare stupid cheap $175 shipped

phdamage

Reaction score
i only play in loud bands. this snare is great and cuts through an SVT and a half stack or two just fine! bought kind of on a whim and was not disappointed.

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
The main feature of this snare is Punch. It does an admirable job at other tunings, but I really like it for the fat Bop and slam it can provide. Kind of a big, wet, loud punctuation mark. " ! "

Cauldronics

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It can also be used as a snare/floor tom, "snom" or turn off the wires and you have a floor tom.

The Whale

Priest of the Temples of Syrinx
Reaction score
The main feature of this snare is Punch. It does an admirable job at other tunings, but I really like it for the fat Bop and slam it can provide. Kind of a big, wet, loud punctuation mark. " ! "
Yes! You guys are going to make me want to keep it. lol

stevil

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve been wondering about this drum. Would you say they are very loud?
I've found mine to be pretty versatile. I'm impressed by its tuning range. It retains a lot of body even when cranked up, and it performs well tuned low as well. I used mine in high volume applications, but it wasn't like bystanders would remark upon my loud it was. I get that all the time with my current cast bronze snare.

cashmanbashman

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you elaborate on that aspect a bit please? That steel kit looked great!
It sounds huge and hits hard. The 13” tom rings out like a 16” and the floor Tom is like thunder. Some of the sound could be attributed to the room and sound material in it? It’s not a ugly uncontrolled sound but it’s louder and rings longer at lower tuning. You would think steel would not give a warm tone but it does IMO.

EricWN

Reaction score
It sounds huge and hits hard. The 13” tom rings out like a 16” and the floor Tom is like thunder. Some of the sound could be attributed to the room and sound material in it? It’s not a ugly uncontrolled sound but it’s louder and rings longer at lower tuning. You would think steel would not give a warm tone but it does IMO.
Thanks much for the response. Have you listened to the demo videos that Tama themselves posted a year or two ago when the kit was announced? I thought it had that certain warmth already there but really appreciate to compare to your first hand/ear experience.