SOLD Vintage 1960s Sonor 5" x 14" D424 Snare Drum Tear Drop Lugs Made in Germany

Drewdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Rare vintage 1960s Sonor model D424 5" x 14" snare drum. T rods and hoops do not appear to be original. Missing muffler. No extra holes. It is very heavy weighing in around 9 LBS. Very cool throw off and butt design. "Made in West Germany" sticker on interior of drum but no other markings are present. This drum shows some wear and age with some dirt, scratches, dents, etc.

Magnet does not stick to shell but does stick to the hoops. Not sure if the shell is brass or if it is ferromanganese like I have read elsewhere about similar drums.

Please see photos for condition details and contact me with any questions.

Please contact me for accurate shipping quote to your location.

$125 OBO plus shipping.

Attachments

Last edited:

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Nice old drum you have, pity the hoops are not original though. There have been a lot of questions about vintage Sonor and even the experts shake their head at times. Is there no evidence of any exterior badge at all?....where are you shipping from plz?...thx

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Same shell as the King of Snares D426, but better cause you can get wires for it.

It's most likely COB and staggered lug snares stopped being made 65 or a bit earlier.

Frank Godiva

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
The great Connie Kay. Sure looks like a staggered 426 or 424. Can't get a good look at the strainer. The 26 is a parallel.

Reactions: JDA

Drewdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info! Shipping from zip 19002.

Drewdrum

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Motivated to move this. Price dropped to $160. Make an offer, thanks.