header.nohb.html

SOLD Wood Hoop Ayotte 10,12,14,16,24 drum kit in Red Copper Mist...

spaeth

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
This is a tough one to post as I know I cannot replace this kit. I have been exploring other drum options which is really fun but these drums have been sitting for a while now. It is an amazing experience to get to play these drums and I have loved them for many, many years. They in very good player condition with some small nicks and scratches in the gorgeous lacquer finish, but nothing major. The bass drum is pretty much the best I have ever played. It is 24x18 and when I first got this kit I was very concerned about the 18" depth. It plays great in this size. I play with un-ported resonant heads and it has plenty of articulation but has tons of body and tone. It is a virgin kick drum as well with no tom mounts attached. The toms all have Ayotte suspension tom mounts on them. I quite often thought about doing some kind of leg instal on the two floor toms (something like the INde leg mounts) but I got used to having them mounted and it never bothered me. The finish and build quality on these drums are next to flawless and the bearing edges amazingly well crafted. These are Ray era drums. I bought the 12,14,16 and bass drum and then took many years to finally be able to purchase the original 10" tom thanks to help from Crash here on DFO. The drums and suspension mounts are all that is included in the sale. I do have a few extra rods and barrels with set screws that I will include with the sale. I am asking $2700. I am located an hour east of Portland OR and could deliver up to a few hours away. I am willing to ship at buyers expense. I have packed and shipped quite a few sets with no problems. Would love a local buyer but not that is probably not that realistic. Asking $2700

IMG_2442.jpeg
IMG_4933.JPG
IMG_4932.JPG
IMG_4935.JPG
IMG_4936.JPG
IMG_4937.JPG
IMG_4939.JPG
IMG_4941.JPG
IMG_4943.JPG
IMG_4944.JPG

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If these were within reasonable driving distance from North Carolina, this ad would have been in the Sold section right now…
Gorgeous

spaeth

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If these were within reasonable driving distance from North Carolina, this ad would have been in the Sold section right now…
Gorgeous
I can ship them. Not sure how much it would cost, but I have been very successful keeping 24" bass drums under the "oversized" shipping rate. Have also done very well with very careful nesting and over packing. I am guessing could make this happen in two boxes.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Getting old sucks, but, it’s better than the alternative.

It really tends to dampen the enthusiasm for new gear not knowing how long you may get to enjoy it. Then the alternative happens and we've all discussed that. Too many drum sets, not enough time left.

Especially this beauty. Plus, I've never owned an Ayotte set of drums.

Lucky buyer soon, I predict.

spaeth

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very cool set. Don’t regret selling it but loved every minute of owning it.