SOLD Yamaha Club Custom 6 piece Black Wood

jbonzo1

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thinning the herd.
Mint condition Yamaha Club Custom 6 piece Black Wood finish.
Made by Sakae in Japan.
Never left my smoke-free home.
Bass drum mount plate installed, I have the Yamaha twin mount. I will include a Yamaha 9000 series tom/cymbal stand.
7x10/8x12/13x14/15x16/15x22/5.5x14 snare
$1800 plus shipping
club custom black wood.jpg

Last edited:

repete

This one goes to eleven
Reaction score
Is the bass drum plate a Yamaha thing? I’ve had a 12,14,20 set of these but just added a 16 and 22 - one of the best sounding kits I’ve ever owned. Defiantly better sound than my Classic Maple kit. GLWS!

jmpd_utoronto

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Someone jump on this! I would if I didn't already have a solid range of Club Customs. These are beautiful looking and sounding drums. Good luck with your sale!

jazzerone

Reaction score
Funny thing about these Yamaha CC's... if this kit was in orange swirl there would be a small riot and bidding war going on. But for the absolutely IDENTICAL drums in the matte black wood finish, the price has been lowered twice and still no takers???

This is the exact kit I own, in this exact color, with a 20" bd. They are, hands down, the best sounding drums I've ever owned. And, if you do an internet search for "Yamaha Club Customs for sale", you can count the listings on one hand, and I see only 2 for complete kits. So they are nearly impossible to find.

If what drums look like are your thing, then by all means wait around until DanRH or somebody else with an orange swirl kit gets a brain fart and decides to sell theirs. If you're looking for drums that sound like these CC's.... well, you get the idea.

cochlea

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer the Black Wood over all of the other finishes in the Club Custom line. This is a great deal on a 6-piece kit, especially given their condition.. As jazzerone mentioned, these kits are nearly impossible to find.

jbonzo1

DFO Master
Reaction score
I almost went for Orange Swirl but I bought these when they were almost extinct. I had to go to Canada for the 10 and 16” toms. (Thanks again, RickP)
There’s just something about black Yamaha drums.... they work in any situation.
And I could probably get more $’s on eBay or reverb but I’m trying to avoid that headache.