SOLD: Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Nouveau 5-Piece Set

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yamaha Maple Custom Absolute Nouveau 5-piece kit for sale in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Price: $1250.00

Made in Japan in March of 2005, these drums feature 6mm/6-ply 100% maple toms, a 7-Ply/7mm maple bass drum and Nouveau quick release lugs. This kit is finished in stunning Embossed Blue lacquer, which was a special order at the time.

Drum sizes: 10” x 8” and 12” x 9" mounted toms, rare 15” x 14” floor tom, 22” x 16” bass drum and matching 14” x 5.5" snare drum.

New heads on all drums: Remo Coated Emperors over Clear Ambassadors on toms, Remo CS batter/Ambassador reso on snare with Aquarian SuperKick II and Regulator on bass. YESS mounts on rack toms with aluminum die cast hoops on snare, toms and floor. Sale includes 2 tom holders and 3 floor tom legs (snare stand not included).

These drums were recently detailed and are very clean. The one negative on the entire kit is that the batter bass drum hoop was cracked and repaired at some point. Someone did a nice job on the fix and it does not affect playability.

Based on all the recent shipping tales of woe (I’ve had a few of my own), this is for local pick-up only...no shipping. For my friends in Detroit, Chicago and all points in between, I’ll happily drive a few hours to meet you in the middle. It’d be great to just get out for a change. Thanks for taking a look. PM me with questions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Targalx

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Great kit at a nice price. Love that rare finish! I would jump at this if I didn't already own a MCA (and if I lived in the area).

Good luck!

kickassdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Amazing kit. I always loved Embossed Blue. And the sizes (especially the 15x14 floor, which I had several of) are terrific. Wish I could justify it, but best of luck!

Piggpenn

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
If I could get there I'd find a way to get the dough. Being 3 states away is a bit of an inhibitor. :(

GLWS

They are gorgeous.

VinSparkle

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just posted this in the Craigslist thread. Killer set. I want it!

philmets

Reaction score
I understand your concerns re shipping, but I highly recommend you reconsider. Pick up some boxes and packing material and list it on Reverb. They offer discounted shipping rates (easy to create a labels through them), and additional insurance to cover any issues (the insurance covers the amount you sell the kit for). I've sold a few kits on there, no problems whatsoever. I'm pretty confident you would get at least $2000 for that kit, buyer would pick up the cost of shipping/insurance/materials, I reckon $150-$200 would cover that. Japanese made Yamaha kits are sought after drums, you'll get a lot of interest for sure. FedEx sell individual boxes, very strong and reasonably priced.
Just my thoughts, good luck with the sale.

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I understand your concerns re shipping, but I highly recommend you reconsider. Pick up some boxes and packing material and list it on Reverb. They offer discounted shipping rates (easy to create a labels through them), and additional insurance to cover any issues (the insurance covers the amount you sell the kit for). I've sold a few kits on there, no problems whatsoever. I'm pretty confident you would get at least $2000 for that kit, buyer would pick up the cost of shipping/insurance/materials, I reckon $150-$200 would cover that. Japanese made Yamaha kits are sought after drums, you'll get a lot of interest for sure. FedEx sell individual boxes, very strong and reasonably priced.
Just my thoughts, good luck with the sale.

Thanks, philmets!

chuckles82

Reaction score
And...we have a Sale Pending folks! Thanks for all the great feedback and ideas here, Drum Brothers. I love this place. Will update listing once the transaction has been completed.
I was thinking about making the drive over from Ohio... been stalking your drums on Reverb for a while. Good luck.

Saladdaze

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Always good to know post-stalk, @chuckles82. <_< Seriously, I often wonder on these pick-up only listings how many of us have plugged in the city and state in GoogleMaps, rationalized it with the Mrs ("It's not going to be that long of a drive, Honey, and it's a really sweet deal.") and then pondered it some more. I'm as guilty as the next guy in that department. I've made a five hour trek one way more than a few times...and know there are others here who have driven much farther for that elusive kit!