SOLD Zildjian 20" K Constantinople Med Ride 2043g (early production from '98) SOLD

Breakdown7

Reaction score
I have decided to sell my Constantinople 20" Medium Ride cymbal. The serial number dates this one to 1998, when this line of cymbals was first introduced. I personally prefer these original models to the newer models Zildjian uses today. They are indeed different. This cymbal has no flea bites, key holing, etc. My scale went missing in action recently, so I don't have a gram weight. I hope to get a new scale very soon and will post the weight, providing it doesn't find a new owner beforehand. $300 + shipping. SOLD
IMG_9351.jpg
IMG_9352.jpg
IMG_9353.jpg
IMG_9354.jpg
IMG_9355.jpg

Last edited:

Breakdown7

Reaction score
Bought a new scale today... it weighs 2043g, so it’s on the light side for one of these cymbals.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Hoping not to hijack your thread.

So I can be better educated, what is different about the early Constantinoples? It certainly is a beautiful looking cymbal!

Breakdown7

Reaction score

So I can be better educated, what is different about the early Constantinoples? It certainly is a beautiful looking cymbal!
The hammering is slightly more pronounced in the older models, and the lathing is different. The older cymbals seem to have deeper pin marks extending up into the bells of the cymbals, where lots of the newer designs have smooth bells. The Constantinoples made from 2012 and forward have a pin style lathing. Hope this helps.

bonzo60

Reaction score
The hammering is slightly more pronounced in the older models, and the lathing is different. The older cymbals seem to have deeper pin marks extending up into the bells of the cymbals, where lots of the newer designs have smooth bells. The Constantinoples made from 2012 and forward have a pin style lathing. Hope this helps.
Spot on description. The pit marks on the pre 2012 are also more pronounced on some examples.
This is really light for a medium from that era. They were usually up around 2200g or so as I recall. This is more of a K Con Light in weight. I bet this sounds really good.

Gunnellett

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the explanation!

Breakdown7

Reaction score
Let me know if anyone needs a sound file. I made one for another member and can send via email if interested.

Krys

Reaction score

There's nothing wrong with the new ones if you didn't hear the old ones lol. Old ones are not as harsh and dry sounding comparing to new ones. I sold new 22" medium thin low when I heard my friend's old one. Finally I managed to find an old one. The old sound sweeter and more buttery, like there is nothing unnecessary in the sound, fantastic! I wish I made a comparison video when I had them side by side. But hey, it's me. Not everyone has to agree.

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with the new ones if you didn't hear the old ones lol. Old ones are not as harsh and dry sounding comparing to new ones. I sold new 22" medium thin low when I heard my friend's old one. Finally I managed to find an old one. The old sound sweeter and more buttery, like there is nothing unnecessary in the sound, fantastic! I wish I made a comparison video when I had them side by side. But hey, it's me. Not everyone has to agree.
Is your sample size only 2 cymbals?

Krys

Reaction score
Is your sample size only 2 cymbals?
I have a few friends who love cons rides like I do and over the years we have notice that with both 20 and 22 inch rides and mostly medium and medium thin low/high line. They even look different like somebody already described very nice in the chat.

Mcjnic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
He sent me a set of the sound files ... they sound great!
Really nice 20 for those interested. Good ping, bell, and a nice warm crash.
Good luck with the sale. These shouldn't last long at all.