SOLD Zildjian IAK K Jazz Ride

Powertone

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
SOLD! Thanks DFO!

Here’s one you won’t see everyday and a must have for you IAK collectors. K. Zildjian 20” Jazz Ride pre serial number aka IAK. At 1882 grams, this one is on the lighter side for the Jazz Rides. Excellent condition. No key holing, no flea bites.

Great stick articulation, a little on the brighter side, complex controlled wash does not override the stick definition.

I do not have a sound file to post, however I can text serious parties an iPhone clip.

No trades.

$190 plus actual shipping.

Attachments

Last edited:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Have you ever compared it to a Crash Ride of the same era? That's what I currently play which is probably about the same weight, I think the Jazz ride has a slight different profile correct? Help with stick definition maybe? The crash ride is pretty washy, though I love it.

Reaction score
Interested in purchasing. Attempted a PM.....if you didn't get PM from me, please PM me!

Z

zenstat

Have you ever compared it to a Crash Ride of the same era? That's what I currently play which is probably about the same weight, I think the Jazz ride has a slight different profile correct? Help with stick definition maybe? The crash ride is pretty washy, though I love it.
I've got some info on weights and some info from Paul Francis on bell size and profiles differences up on my NAK page (my nickname for all North American Ks so Canada doesn't feel left out). I've got plenty more since then, but haven't been back to update things. Also the preliminary prices for 20" NAK cymbals (way at the bottom of the page) is but an early sketch and I've got more data to add as well...and other diameters...and stuff.

http://black.net.nz/avedis/NAK.html#EAK-models

A few months back I snagged a local 20" 80s A Medium Ride just so I could get an accurate weight, document bell size and shape (fancy new contour template device to do that), taper and profile (fancy deep throat micrometer to do that). Then an 20" 80s A Crash Ride came up and I was outbid at the last minute so I can't compare it to that model. The irony is that the person who outbid me on the Crash Ride was the person I bought the Medium Ride from (at least I'm 99% sure without checking my records). So I'll only be able to make the A comparison to my mid 50s, late 50s, and 60s 20" examples. I'd love to get some Ks so I can do the same thing, but not that many come up here on a small island in the South Pacific.

Last edited by a moderator:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Well Steve my wife wants to go to NZ some day on vacation just to drink wine the whole trip....we could talk cymbals while she drinks :)

Powertone

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
FB04C358-86B6-4E03-A814-C4FCEB8F6D48.jpeg
I have not compared to a crash ride from same era. You assessment sounds right. Good stick with a good layer of wash. I attached a quick profile photo for you.