SOLD

fishstix94

Reaction score
Up for sale we have a few solid cymbals!

1.) Paiste masters dark 15" hi hats:

I'll be honest most of the time I hate these. My regular hi hats are 2 17" crashes and actual hi hats just dont cut it anymore. They are useful for certain projects, so I wouldn't hate to keep them. $350 shipped

2.) Meinl thin sand crash 18"

Crash is in great shape. Great bright/dry sound. Same with the hi hats though.. too small for me these days. $180 shipped.

Pics will be up in an hour when I get home. Not really that interested in trades. Would listen to paiste masters rides or k con cymbals. Possibly listen to snare drums. Really like the yamaha signature snares.

-Fish

Last edited:

fishstix94

Reaction score
20190121_180010.jpg
As promised here are the pics! Also threw in the pic of the crash of doom. I would consider letting that go for the right price as well!
20190121_181131.jpg
20190121_175853.jpg
20190121_175959.jpg

fishstix94

Reaction score
They are gorgeous! Like I said, just not into the smaller hi hat sounds these days.

fishstix94

Reaction score
In my opinion chunky.. I dont have a scale unfortunately but I could pick one up. Also when I say they're chunky.... I'm playing a 17" paiste thin traditional crash over a 17" dark energy crash.. so I tend to lean towards large/thin/ crashes for hats.

J

jaymandude

In my opinion chunky.. I dont have a scale unfortunately but I could pick one up. Also when I say they're chunky.... I'm playing a 17" paiste thin traditional crash over a 17" dark energy crash.. so I tend to lean towards large/thin/ crashes for hats.
Interesting comment. I just got a set of these, and I've been a 14" and 15" Zildjian and Sabian player for years. Any potential buyer should probably listen to the Paiste and MyCymbal files. They're fairly accurate.

I wouldn't say chunky at all, I think of heaver cymbals as chunky. Maybe they're heavier compared to what you're using, but not chunkier to a guy coming from New Beats or some kind of AAX or HHX. They feel much lighter than those to me, and have a certain wispiness to them that I have in my older thinner old K's. Depending on how you play and the sound you like ( always the main consideration) you could use these for just about anything. I played the 14's hanging out at a endorser's studio session and they didn't have much meat for me. I knew the 15's would be a better fit. That's my experience anyway.

Not to sidetrack your sale. On the contrary, they're excellent cymbals. No regrets on my end.

Last edited by a moderator:

fishstix94

Reaction score
I agree. Chunky might not even be the right word. They dont have the wash that I've been accustomed to. I have also been playing crashes as hats for 5+yrs.

fishstix94

Reaction score
Did a price drop, will be moving to reverb soon so let's hear some offers!

fishstix94

Reaction score
I moved to reverb but will still sell hear! Updated with price drops!

JazzDrumGuy

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fish, can you ride the 18"? I am looking for a smaller ride that also crashes......do you have a sound file?

fishstix94

Reaction score
Fish, can you ride the 18"? I am looking for a smaller ride that also crashes......do you have a sound file?
Sorry I just saw this. I really dont think you could ride this. Its just to thin, but I could post a YouTube video if you're interested.