SOLD

dunnenrb

Reaction score
I JUST recently got these form forum member glynch and they really blow me away but some unexpected bill came up and extra drum kits are a luxury...Sad this one has to go. Amazing birch kit from the 80s - they're like if a vintage Ludwig kit had a cleaner sounding Japanese pen-pal.

Sizes are:
8x12
16x16
14x22

Interiors and bearing edges are in excellent condition. Hardware is all good and solid with minimal pitting. T-rods are all in good shape and appear to be original. Tom holder is a later model. The finish is beautiful but it does have a fair amount of nicks and scuffs but as you can see from the pics nothing that stands out from more than a couple feet away.

I just want to recoup some of what I put into them - $500 plus shipping for these beauties.

Attachments

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
By "Super Maple," what do you mean? Birch Superstars that have an outer ply of maple? Might want to clarify for those less in the know.

Very nice drums in any case, at a nice price. I'm not overall a Tama/Asian drum fan but have often thought older Superstars deserved vintage status (not even counting Mr. Peart's influence).

bongomania

DFO Master
Reaction score
By "Super Maple," what do you mean? Birch Superstars that have an outer ply of maple? Might want to clarify for those less in the know.
"Super Maple" was Tama's term for a light amber colored gloss finish on their birch shells. No actual maples were harmed in the making of those drums. They also had "super mahogany" etc., it's just a lacquer color on birch.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As the pictures show, Tama's "Super Maple" finish was really nice. I purchased a Superstar kit in the 80's and agonized over both the Super Maple and Cherry Wine finishes. I finally went with Cherry Wine, but I always second-guessed my decision about not getting Super Maple!

-Mark

dale w miller

Reaction score
"Super Maple" was Tama's term for a light amber colored gloss finish on their birch shells. No actual maples were harmed in the making of those drums. They also had "super mahogany" etc., it's just a lacquer color on birch.
No wonder I had such a hard understanding everything that went into a drum as a kid. They were lying to me. ;)

gretschdrummer

Reaction score
I’ve got a super maple

Best rocking Toms out there

Tom holders that would survive the apocalypse

Keep them if at all possible

These won’t last long

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Wow, GREAT DEAL for someone looking to buy a new mid (or lower) kit at double the price, this is the kit to get. Wish I had the room.

Latest posts