SOLDSOLDSOLD....Reduced Price $3295- 1959 Ludwig Trans-badge 4 pc 22 16 13 5.5x14 Blue Sparkle

Jaimoe7

Reaction score
Incredibly nice 1959 Transition-Badge 4 pc Blue sparkle Super Classic drums- COLLECTOR GRADE- 22x14,16x16 13x9, 5.5x14
I was told these drums sat in the first owners house for around 60 yrs, his dad got him the drums for Christmas in '59. They show very little wear... Blue sparkle wrap is vibrant, NO fade, COB hoops on toms and matching snare (which the second owner found a while after he acquired the 3 original drums.) the snare shows a little more use but still a 9/10 and matches perfectly. Bass drum/13 date stamps say NOV 23 1959, 16 says I think NOV 10 1959...Snare has no stamp. Bass drum has its original Calf heads. rare Tuxedo blue painted hoops show some wear from flaking and a bit of pedal rash. Bass and 13 have Maple interiors, 16/snare have Mahogany inner plys...Spurs, leg holders, rail mount, old style cymbal mount, Classic t/o all work great, with little wear, all large classic lugs show no pitting and are smooth as new....new heads on 16,13, snare- this is without a doubt the cleanest 62 year old drumset you will ever see...in REMARKABLE condition. I can only post 10 pics, more upon request....pm with ??s. shipping to CONUS fully insured. International buyers pm for shipping quote. $3295 OR BEST OFFER Exceptionally clean-NOT a run-of-the-mill Ludwig drumset....the buyer will not be disappointed....Don't let this unique opportunity pass you by....thanks

Attachments

Last edited:

FitDrummer

Reaction score
Incredibly nice 1959 Transition-Badge 4 pc Blue sparkle Super Classic drums- COLLECTOR GRADE- 22x14,16x16 13x9, 5.5x14
I was told these drums sat in the first owners house for around 60 yrs, his dad got him the drums for Christmas in '59. They show very little wear... Blue sparkle wrap is vibrant, NO fade, COB hoops on toms and matching snare (which the second owner found a while after he acquired the 3 original drums.) the snare shows a little more use but still a 9/10 and matches perfectly. Bass drum/13 date stamps say NOV 23 1959, 16 says I think NOV 10 1959...Snare has no stamp. Bass drum has its original Calf heads. rare Tuxedo blue painted hoops show some wear from flaking and a bit of pedal rash. Bass and 13 have Maple interiors, 16/snare have Mahogany inner plys...Spurs, leg holders, rail mount, old style cymbal mount, Classic t/o all work great, with little wear, all large classic lugs show no pitting and are smooth as new....new heads on 16,13, snare- this is without a doubt the cleanest 62 year old drumset you will ever see...in REMARKABLE condition. I can only post 10 pics, more upon request....pm with ??s. shipping to CONUS fully insured. International buyers pm for shipping quote. $3795 OR BEST OFFER Exceptionally clean-NOT a run-of-the-mill Ludwig drumset....the buyer will not be disappointed....Don't let this unique opportunity pass you by....thanks
Amazing kit! I just traded my ‘59 “player’s grade/gigging kit” (13, 16, 22) in, and those mahogany shells are one of my favs! For me, they’re a close second to the clear 3 ply maples from Ludwig and Slingerland.

Jaimoe7

Reaction score
Would be willing to sell just the 22 16 13...offers? snare would of course be available separately...

Pink69

Reaction score
These drums were built like fine furniture. The quality of the materials and craftsmanship are unbeatable.