SOLLDDDDDDDD

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
hi all.
Up for sale is a AMAZING drum set. I'm moving across country and need to sell a good amount of my collection. my lost is your gain.

We have a Vintage Premier B202 Drum Outfit in the rare and beautiful Aqua Shimmer and the uncommon matching 2001 snare drum! This was purchased from the original owner who had them at a drum school in central NJ!

This drum-set is incredible sounding...a much mellow gretsch sound, but with a bit more punch. The snare is very nice, quick attack and open. They're a dream to play.

Snare Drum: 5.5x14 - everything is original minus the top head. nice bright chrome and wrap

High Tom - 8x12 - everything is original minus the heads. nice bright chrome and wrap

Floor Tom - 16x16 - everything is original minus the heads. nice bright chrome and wrap is not as vibrant as the rest of the drums.

Bass Drum - 14x22 - everything is original minus the heads. nice bright chrome and wrap. Two issues with this drum. 1.The right spur mount has been slightly pushed in ( please see photos). I've played these drums awhile with no issues and its not moving. I'm sure you could send to precision drum in NY and would be a very cheap fix. 2. The cymbal arm rod has been cut down. Not sure if was cut, or broken.....either way....worked fine for me, but collectors may want to replace it.

Finally, I have some premier hi hat stands from the same era that I'll include with the purchase if the buyer desires!

Pick-up in Kearny, NJ ( 15 minutes from NYC) - $700 CASH!

Attachments

Last edited:

EvEnStEvEn

~Lounge Lizard~
Reaction score
What a downright gorgeous English-made set!

The BD spur issue would be an easy fix with some wood glue and TLC.
Snare appears to still have it's original double-twelve wireset with no missing strands, that's a good sign since replacements can be scarce.

I bet these are a joy to own and play!

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What a downright gorgeous English-made set!

The BD spur issue would be an easy fix with some wood glue and TLC.
Snare appears to still have it's original double-twelve wireset with no missing strands, that's a good sign since replacements can be scarce.

I bet these are a joy to own and play!
Thanks for the kind words. They’re really great drums, especially snare. Unreal

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
love my 2001, steam bent African mahagony single ply I believe
You’re right! 14x5.5",mahogany shell,parallel snare system with two pieces of 12 strand. Snare was introduced in 1966 and in 1970,started serial numbers on badges. So, this drum(s) are late 60s

wayne

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I have the blue pearl Olympic kit, same shells, same sound!..Absolutely a gem of a kit. I thought they sounded great live, but when I heard it through the mix later, it just stopped me in my tracks.

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
BUMP - will entertain offers. Shipping is fine as well.

JDA

DFO Star
Reaction score
my thoughts exactly...and I'm not even thinking about it.

I had a 2000 parallel for 26 years the idea of the wood version of one....well just tingles the ole nerve endings... I tell ya.

Trilock_Gurtu

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Very cool kit, the finish looks in good shape.

RE: Bass drum issue#1. "I'm sure you could send to precision drum in NY and would be a very cheap fix". I don't know about that being "cheap", the price of shipping back and forth, plus the work, will cost a good percentage of your asking price, but whoever buys this will want that issue fixed. I have the same type of kit. The shells are very thin, some of the thinnest 3 ply shells ever made. You'll want that reinforced, big time. Mine is fine, but I still had it professionally reinforced, to minimize what happened to yours. Totally worth it.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Sweetest little drumset offered on the Forum for 2020, says I.

studrum

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Very cool kit, the finish looks in good shape.

RE: Bass drum issue#1. "I'm sure you could send to precision drum in NY and would be a very cheap fix". I don't know about that being "cheap", the price of shipping back and forth, plus the work, will cost a good percentage of your asking price, but whoever buys this will want that issue fixed. I have the same type of kit. The shells are very thin, some of the thinnest 3 ply shells ever made. You'll want that reinforced, big time. Mine is fine, but I still had it professionally reinforced, to minimize what happened to yours. Totally worth it.
I agree with this. While I definitely have my favorite drum restorers and repairers (Jack Lawton, over eight hours by car from me), I agree that though the repair may be a few bucks, the shipping to and fro can be excruciating. A couple of possible remedies for a possible buyer to arrange with a seller, before buying:

1. Many areas now have decent drum restorers and builders. Find out who's good near you, within an easy drive. Repair cost, yes, but NO additional shipping costs.
2. If you prefer to use a far-away, shipping-required repair shop, do what I've done on more than one occasion (I'm lookin' at YOU, levelpebble!): have the seller ship the needful item (in this case, the BD), directly to the shop of your choice. It could even be that the seller might live close to a worthy restorer and, if he be an affable type, might be willing to take it there himself. Of course, you will need to have a chat with the shop. Seller here has been very forthcoming with the needed repairs. Show any shop those photos in advance.

If the seller ships to the shop, you save one link of repair shipping. If he can just take it across town, you save two links.

Blkonyx

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I agree with this. While I definitely have my favorite drum restorers and repairers (Jack Lawton, over eight hours by car from me), I agree that though the repair may be a few bucks, the shipping to and fro can be excruciating. A couple of possible remedies for a possible buyer to arrange with a seller, before buying:

1. Many areas now have decent drum restorers and builders. Find out who's good near you, within an easy drive. Repair cost, yes, but NO additional shipping costs.
2. If you prefer to use a far-away, shipping-required repair shop, do what I've done on more than one occasion (I'm lookin' at YOU, levelpebble!): have the seller ship the needful item (in this case, the BD), directly to the shop of your choice. It could even be that the seller might live close to a worthy restorer and, if he be an affable type, might be willing to take it there himself. Of course, you will need to have a chat with the shop. Seller here has been very forthcoming with the needed repairs. Show any shop those photos in advance.

If the seller ships to the shop, you save one link of repair shipping. If he can just take it across town, you save two links.
Thanks for the info. I'll just go get this repaired by Precision and re-list. The repair would be minimal effort and cost since it's barely noticeable, but HEY maybe that's why nobody is buying the set.