Solo drumset and percussion live stream now available on YouTube. (Orig. broadcast 3-30-21)

Chalmers

Reaction score
Very very nice. Could you talk about what’s on your left side table? Specifically, excuse my ignorance, what kind of small gongs are you playing here?

Chris

multijd

DFO Veteran
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very very nice. Could you talk about what’s on your left side table? Specifically, excuse my ignorance, what kind of small gongs are you playing here?

Chris
Thanks so much Chris! The gongs on the left that are sitting on the table are Chinese opera gongs. You can hear them during traditional Chinese opera performances. Here’s a couple of pictures
0C817A74-1D97-4F45-9260-409EF5FF60F2.jpeg
CD24C968-25B2-4680-B0E5-2252CF3B782D.jpeg
of that table.

squidart

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyable! Also I'm pretty jealous of the lengthy textural flow as my well of ideas dries up after about 3 minutes. :)

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thoroughly enjoyable! Also I'm pretty jealous of the lengthy textural flow as my well of ideas dries up after about 3 minutes. :)
Thank you. That flow that you mention is something I have been working on for a bunch of years. I’m happy to know that the work is evident!!

multijd

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks so much Chris! The gongs on the left that are sitting on the table are Chinese opera gongs. You can hear them during traditional Chinese opera performances. Here’s a couple of pictures View attachment 495164 View attachment 495165 of that table.
One other thing about the opera gongs is that the pitch bends after you hit them. They can either bend up or down. I believe I got most of mine from Steve Weiss although a friend had traveled to China at one point and brought a bunch things back. I believe one of mine is from him but they are all the same manufacturer. I believe Peking cymbal company.