Some good news....which does effect drums and drumming....but is mostly OT

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
Monday I get the keys to a house, Northbridge MA, just south of Worcester MA (home of my fave drum brand, Walberg and Auge). I will a have been houseless for 2 years nearly to do the day (the result of a divorce and an X whose lawyer was a bit nuts).

During that time I had to jettison some furniture and such...and my gear is scattered amongst 4 locations in two states.

A friend had blogged about visualizing goals and while I didn't have a specific house in mind the one I bought is very much like what I saw...old world charm but funky (its 100 years old...with some cool trim and angles)...it has a garage to store my old car....it has a basement for the drums. It's got room for my kids to live with me if they choose to after college (the rent is free).

It'll be the first time I've ever lived alone (one daughter thought she might do her college remotely this semester but probably will not...at least to start). For the last 10 months I've been renting a room...living in a house w/one bathroom and a small kitchen and 6 other housemates including a pair of thieving 10 year old twins and their mom (who owns the place)....who is totally overwhelmed. It'd be nice to go anywhere after this...but to actually go someplace nice...and to have my own fridge...I can't even imagine!

Behind my house is the Blackstone River....its kind of cool...though I pay for flood insurance. I'm told its behaved its self since some changes were done...for now its kind of calming (I can't access it from my property...state maintains a fence)....and I'm only a few miles away from a microbrewery.

Though I'll still be in MA...I'm in a new area...looking forward to new biking routes...new shops....a new chapter.

I do plan on selling off my oversized arsenal of drums to help pay for things I need to acquire (who knew 30 ft ladders were so expensive?)...you folks will have the 1st shot.

dcrigger

DFO Master
Reaction score
dtk - sorry to hear what you've been dealing with. Glad things have turned the corner in a positive way. Enjoy your new digs - Congrats!!

fishaa

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Good for you, man. Congrats. That transition is hard... I’ve been there. But it sounds like you’re on a great path. Hopefully you’ll be able to get out and meet some musicians in the area and get rolling playing with some new people.
Good luck. And keep us posted on what you need to sell!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: dtk

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm so glad to hear you have brighter times ahead after a lousy couple of years. Congratulations on the new house. I'm very happy for you and hope you enjoy it! And not too fat from DCP either. So that's a plus.

Polska

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Best wishes on your fresh start. Many chapters in our story and this is yet another. Embrace the change!

dtk

DFO Star
Reaction score
What I plan on selling:
I may be selling 5x14 COB and Aluminum slingerlands....I have a Walberg and Auge Kit in BOP...20/12/13/16...the 16 is black but could be rewrapped. I have a 14 Sonor Force ft that JR Frondelli edged and wrapped...I have a 12" Leedy Ludwig and Matching 15 Ft except it was made by Precision to match the 12....I still have a 22/12/14 Blue Acrylic Texas Fibes that I;d love to find a new home for...(with cases).

More as I rediscover what I own.

Reactions: JDA

Fat Drummer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Were proud for you, nice to see that things are turning back to the good and wishing nothing but the best for the new house and a happy new normal for you!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Big congrats and believe you me, I’ve been there! My current (and last) wife is big on manifesting (which I poo poo a lot) but there may be something to it.

BennyK

DFO Star
Reaction score
If you're too busy for fishing , then you're too busy .

I checked out the Blackstone River and there's no better place to ease your mind than watching the river go by with a rod and reel .

Best of luck to you my friend !!