Some good news....which does effect drums and drumming....but is mostly OT

D. B. Cooper

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cool man!
Post some pics of the new place when you're settled.
Sounds like a happier future is in store.

Slingwig26

Reaction score
Monday I get the keys to a house, Northbridge MA, just south of Worcester MA (home of my fave drum brand, Walberg and Auge). I will a have been houseless for 2 years nearly to do the day (the result of a divorce and an X whose lawyer was a bit nuts).

During that time I had to jettison some furniture and such...and my gear is scattered amongst 4 locations in two states.

A friend had blogged about visualizing goals and while I didn't have a specific house in mind the one I bought is very much like what I saw...old world charm but funky (its 100 years old...with some cool trim and angles)...it has a garage to store my old car....it has a basement for the drums. It's got room for my kids to live with me if they choose to after college (the rent is free).

It'll be the first time I've ever lived alone (one daughter thought she might do her college remotely this semester but probably will not...at least to start). For the last 10 months I've been renting a room...living in a house w/one bathroom and a small kitchen and 6 other housemates including a pair of thieving 10 year old twins and their mom (who owns the place)....who is totally overwhelmed. It'd be nice to go anywhere after this...but to actually go someplace nice...and to have my own fridge...I can't even imagine!

Behind my house is the Blackstone River....its kind of cool...though I pay for flood insurance. I'm told its behaved its self since some changes were done...for now its kind of calming (I can't access it from my property...state maintains a fence)....and I'm only a few miles away from a microbrewery.

Though I'll still be in MA...I'm in a new area...looking forward to new biking routes...new shops....a new chapter.

I do plan on selling off my oversized arsenal of drums to help pay for things I need to acquire (who knew 30 ft ladders were so expensive?)...you folks will have the 1st shot.
Welcome to the great Blackstone Valley! I guess I’m kinda your neighbor. I live in Grafton. Best of luck on the “next” chapter of your life, one drummah to anuthah!

TheMattJones88

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new house! My wife and I are making a move in Massachusetts too. Moving from Franklin to Pittsfield.

Cauldronics

DFO Master
Reaction score
I’m glad knowing one of our DFO family is getting a break and things are looking up. There’s enough going on to challenge anyone right now. Good news is always welcome and congrats on turning things around.

Marc M

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Congrats,glad things are looking up.Always something to do when you own a house,and since you are starting from scratch as far as tools go the cost can really ad up quick,I have had good luck with yard sales and thrift stores and one thrift store near me has a section that usually has a good selection of tools.