Some help……

newbiedrummer

Reaction score
Before I destroy something of value I’m trying to determine if this Ludwig kick drum is worth anything. My plan is to convert it to an electric kick drum. It’s 20”x”14”. It has wood hoops the same finish as the shell. It appears to have an 8-ply shell. The finish is not a wrap. It has a single tom post. The shell does not have a port or a badge which is making it difficult to ID. If anyone can point me to a resource that might help me identify these I would be very grateful

Attachments

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to get some more photos. Complete shell, the type of legs, any fixtures that we can ID. Need a little bit more info, IMHO.

newbiedrummer

Reaction score
It wouldn't hurt to get some more photos. Complete shell, the type of legs, any fixtures that we can ID. Need a little bit more info, IMHO.
Thankyou…… I hope these help. If not I can take more specific ones

Attachments

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Nice job.

The experts should be along any time now.

To me, based on the finish and the hardware, it looks like an early Rocker. I had a set in green veneer and the upclose of the shell led me to that thought.

newbiedrummer

Reaction score
Nice job.

The experts should be along any time now.

To me, based on the finish and the hardware, it looks like an early Rocker. I had a set in green veneer and the upclose of the shell led me to that thought.
Thank you very much. At least now I can start trying to research based on that info

newbiedrummer

Reaction score
How about some photos of the inside and photos of the legs? To me it doesn't look vintage. I'm guessing late 70s or newer.
The inside only has a small stamp that I am not able to ID. It’s near the Tom Mount. Other than that there isn’t anything else I can see that would help identify. Thank you for your help

Attachments