Some labor to do drum inventory...cash or gear?/Shrewsbury MA

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Cash or gear? I'd only take the cash....up front. How did you even get in touch with him.....was he running an ad for inventory personnel????

Strange guy to deal with. As a seller his prices are usually extremely high. No wonder he rarely sells anything. I've known a number of people who call on his "storage unit inventory" and can't get past first base with him. According to his Ebay listings (mydrums4u) he states he has financial problems.....all the while he seemingly has $tens of thousands of drum, clothing, and collectibles inventory readily available for sale. He looks to have plenty of time on his hands....why can't he do an inventory himself?

His storage unit for sale on Ebay for $39,000.

....my goal is to drum again but 1st I have to help my mom and get caught up on bills before I can focus on drumming full or at least try to get on the road again....I need to buy my mom who's 74 a nice used car. she and my uncle live in a elderly high rise and i'm the only child and will do anything for her. I've been out of work since last feb from a bad car crash. and i'm always there for them!! so I know blessing do happen.

I've been strugging $$$ and i'm behind on my bills and about to loose my car and insurance please reach out to me asap and lets make this happen. thank you all so please buy my collection so I can move on..i'm giving it away at this price!! 38,000 is a fair price for all of this you will double or triple your $$$$$$

if you know anybody that would be willing to help outside of the drums to donate a car to my mom and to help with bills please let me know and I will provide proof that everything is 100% honest!!!

I’ve been collecting for over 40 years and I have to sell now. I have lots of bills and i take great care of my mom. and i need to be the best son i can be..
i need to buy my mom a car and i'm struggling and need a blessing. So my loss is your gain. You will make thousands $$$$$$

Some strange bidding on his "sold" items on Ebay

After reading that listing I wouldn't want to do any work that wasn't paid up front in cash. He's been trying to sell that inventory for several years....asap....this weekend only - major sale - hurry - no reasonable offer refused.....moving to Nashville next weekend.....opening up a music store......looking to tour with a rock band.....etc.

You can google the guy (John Provost, Shrewsbury, MA) and check out his track record of wheeling and dealing....some concerns raised there. Supposedly (per his words and listings on Ebay) he recently bought out the remaining store stock of Olympic Sporting Goods in Worcester. MA when they closed their doors in the past year....hundreds of labeled sweat shirts and other sports clothing.....listed for sale on Ebay for $4,000 this past year. If money is that tight for him why not just dump some of the excess inventory and the KISS/rock n' roll collectibles?

Last edited:

CAMDRUMS

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I wish this guy would just go away. He clogs up all of Boston CL. If he want this stuff gone he should just seek it cheap and be done with it.

komodobob

DFO Master
Reaction score
Take a look at his last 3 sold items. They were all won by someone with 505 feedback. 8***8, 1***T and 4***T. And of course Mr. 505 is always bidding against a zero feedback bidder. Definitely fishy.

Tama CW

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Take a look at his last 3 sold items. They were all won by someone with 505 feedback. 8***8, 1***T and 4***T. And of course Mr. 505 is always bidding against a zero feedback bidder. Definitely fishy.
Yes. And after they "sold," all of them were available again for purchase on his Craigs List ad or in his Ebay storage unit ad.

Someone was heavily spoofing his ads the past month or so. And it appears CL Admin took notice of the listing abuses. His total number of ads have dropped from over 60 to about 10....and no duplicates. Maybe he just turned a new leaf? Now there's a new "problem lister" out of Long Island near Sunrise Highway who has over 60 listings.....up to 10 duplicates of the same ads.....all stating "I will deliver."

Looks like he's moving his storage unit "road show" to FaceBook. CL and Ebay clamped down on him.

Last edited:

APelletier

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I get daily notifications on FB from this toad... Click on it and it says, " items are no longer available." Took a while to figure out how to block him.