Some Lauritsen

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'll come out of sick leave to show my setup.

22" main ride:

20" left side crash/ride:

14" Hats:

An alternative to the 20" Johan Tribute for quiet times: a 20" mini bell turk

Zenstat, these seem amazing. A bit bummed you didn’t have any sound clips.

craig told me my cymbal is a CLTB, no longer being produced. For current series it would be closest to a Rustico but not, according to him.

Z

zenstat

Zenstat, these seem amazing. A bit bummed you didn’t have any sound clips.

craig told me my cymbal is a CLTB, no longer being produced. For current series it would be closest to a Rustico but not, according to him.
There are sound clips on each of the pages I linked to although I've noticed with the passage of years some browsers don't show them so easily. I grabbed them and put them up on my site.

These are all from Craig's early years: 2009 to 2011. I do have a recording of them together done a few years ago. The 20" Johan has 2 rivets in.

Here I am with Craig (in his South Park shirt) when I visited him in his lair in 2009.

zenutopia.jpg

Browny

Reaction score
1586257492997.jpeg

I bought these directly from Craig... geez, I’m not even sure exactly when... maybe 2010?

I sold off my last other hats in 2013. So that’s about 7 years of these 16s being my only set of hats.

They’re a bit dirtier and developing some patina now than in Craig’s original photo...

Attachments

ThomasL

Reaction score
My favorite Lauritsen, a 22" Bill Stewart Clone, is the 4th ride in this comparison:

Here's a Lauritsen trash crash on the left:

Here you can hear the same main ride as in the first video, with a riveted 22" Kontroversal on the far right:

And a 20" Lauritsen:

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There are sound clips on each of the pages I linked to although I've noticed with the passage of years some browsers don't show them so easily. I grabbed them and put them up on my site.

These are all from Craig's early years: 2009 to 2011. I do have a recording of them together done a few years ago. The 20" Johan has 2 rivets in.

Here I am with Craig (in his South Park shirt) when I visited him in his lair in 2009.

View attachment 434350
Killer stack of pies you have there. They sound great!

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
My favorite Lauritsen, a 22" Bill Stewart Clone, is the 4th ride in this comparison:

Here's a Lauritsen trash crash on the left:

Here you can hear the same main ride as in the first video, with a riveted 22" Kontroversal on the far right:

And a 20" Lauritsen:

Are these all yours?

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

egw

Reaction score
I only have one of Craig's cymbals. I've really wanted to have him make me another one (a 22 this time), but I don't really play enough these days to justify it. Maybe someday.

Anyway, I've got this great 20" Dark Matter Half-turk, around 2200g. The exact weight is there in the Youtube info. Really a wonderful cymbal.

clowndog

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I only have one of Craig's cymbals. I've really wanted to have him make me another one (a 22 this time), but I don't really play enough these days to justify it. Maybe someday.

Anyway, I've got this great 20" Dark Matter Half-turk, around 2200g. The exact weight is there in the Youtube info. Really a wonderful cymbal.

Such clarity!