header.nohb.html

Some Yamaha news...

Murat

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I am sure Yamaha does not mind me sharing this as it will be clear to customers very soon as they are looking for products. The e mail I got from my guys say that they will halt the production of AHMs and RCs for a year or so because of supply issues with lacquaring material. Oaks , Tour Customs or the PHX is not affected by this shortage. So, you see stock somewhere that you have been wanting for a while, this may be the time to pull the trigger if you don't want to wait a really long time. The finishes that will NOT be affected by this production suspension is the Real Wood in the RC and the Vintage Natura in the AHM.

bv4ryr

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
A buddy of mine just snagged a green sparkle lacquer 22/10/12/14/16 kit in mint condition.
Had my mind on this same set up. Not a lot of stock anywhere for AHM.

Drumprof

Reaction score
I have a 16 inch floor Tom in walnut on order. Ordered in June with a 6 month wait. Expecting it in December.

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet that green sparkle looks amazing. The AMH wraps do have good colors to choose from.

Not a wrap

C4A9ED1D-9D50-44C3-AA13-4D80F6F650B0.jpeg

HalldorL

DFO Master
Reaction score
I am sure Yamaha does not mind me sharing this as it will be clear to customers very soon as they are looking for products. The e mail I got from my guys say that they will halt the production of AHMs and RCs for a year or so because of supply issues with lacquaring material. Oaks , Tour Customs or the PHX is not affected by this shortage. So, you see stock somewhere that you have been wanting for a while, this may be the time to pull the trigger if you don't want to wait a really long time. The finishes that will NOT be affected by this production suspension is the Real Wood in the RC and the Vintage Natura in the AHM.

Are you sure? I heard from a VERY reliable source that they are not stopping production. However, the wait times are getting up to 12-14 months.

gonzo

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
This seems kind of weird to me. Supplies for lacquering? Wouldn’t this affect all companies? Can’t believe Yamaha has some sort of proprietary ingredients to their lacquer. Maybe inventory levels need to be adjusted and using this as an excuse? IDK.....

esooy

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What was that Yamaha finish where it was glossy, but it was like the shells had not been sanded flat? That was the ugliest finish ever. It looked like someone stained and put a gloss finish on 100 year old flooring.