header.nohb.html

Some Yamaha news...

Reaction score
Not directly related, but Yamaha is also having serious stocking issues with the Tour Custom here in Europe. Impossible to find on the ground anywhere, and can only be ordered directly from Yamaha for $2100 USD... (in my neck of Europe)
Was almost certain that the Tour Custom would be my next kit, but at $2100 USD for a shell pack, it was hard to justify.

That sounds like the UK.

"Price gouging"? By whom?

And there is a huge difference between the 00's model Tour and the current Tour model. That, besides inflation alone makes up for the price difference.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
"Price gouging"? By whom?
Everyone and anyone. Most all MFGs raised everything according to my contact at Sweetwater and more than 10%. Our composite fence quote from a local company went up 50% from the original quote, "once they had inventory." I can continue but unless you consume in the United State, YMMV. Nuff said. Don't want this getting ugly or dip into any political nonsense. My statement is based on personal experience. Especially my beloved attraction to all things musical. But hey, I'm just one consuming neandertal that pounds on stuff. :)

BennyK

DFO Star
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
This seems kind of weird to me. Supplies for lacquering? Wouldn’t this affect all companies? Can’t believe Yamaha has some sort of proprietary ingredients to their lacquer. Maybe inventory levels need to be adjusted and using this as an excuse? IDK.....
Commercial coatings and paints use numerous chemical ingredients sourced from Ukraine .

Last edited:

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Everyone and anyone. Most all MFGs raised everything according to my contact at Sweetwater and more than 10%. Our composite fence quote from a local company went up 50% from the original quote, "once they had inventory." I can continue but unless you consume in the United State, YMMV. Nuff said. Don't want this getting ugly or dip into any political nonsense. My statement is based on personal experience. Especially my beloved attraction to all things musical. But hey, I'm just one consuming neandertal that pounds on stuff. :)
Frankly, you don't know what price gouging is. Do think it's possible that your local fence company raised their quote 50% because it will now cost them 50% more to buy their inventory? Your Sweetwater salesperson isn't telling you anything that's news. Do you honestly think that MI manufacturers are raising their prices in order to grab more profits? Do you think that it's possible that the cost of everything involved in making their products has increased?

Lamontsdad

DFO Star
Reaction score
Frankly, you don't know what price gouging is. Do think it's possible that your local fence company raised their quote 50% because it will now cost them 50% more to buy their inventory? Your Sweetwater salesperson isn't telling you anything that's news. Do you honestly think that MI manufacturers are raising their prices in order to grab more profits? Do you think that it's possible that the cost of everything involved in making their products has increased?

Classic price gouging is if fuel was $3.95/gallon everywhere else, but due to a terrible storm that prevented people from easily traveling to price compare, the only fuel station for 100 miles was charging $10 per gallon. Price gouging is usually done on essentials that are in short supply.

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There's lots of great used Yamaha kits out there. These two have been sitting on Facebook marketplace in my area - forever.

This Maple Custom Absolute is $2000 - CDN ($1522 USD), in like new condition. 22/10/12/14/16 (no snare), MIJ. I used to dream of having this kit, in this finish. If I wasn't swimming in drums, I'd have bought it already. Beauty. Are those die casts steel or aluminum?

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 3.13.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 3.13.47 PM.png

This Maple Custom Absolute is $1500 - CDN ($1142 USD), in excellent condition. 20/10/12/14 (no snare), MIJ.

Screen Shot 2022-09-02 at 3.17.50 PM.png

felis

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
There's lots of great used Yamaha kits out there. These two have been sitting on Facebook marketplace in my area - forever.

This Maple Custom Absolute is $2000 - CDN ($1522 USD), in like new condition. 22/10/12/14/16 (no snare), MIJ. I used to dream of having this kit, in this finish. If I wasn't swimming in drums, I'd have bought it already. Beauty. Are those die casts steel or aluminum?

Maple Custom Absolutes are fabulous drums.
I actually prefer them over the AHM's.

Piggpenn

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

If you accept the massive increases we are experiencing, we really have nothing more to talk about. Wake up.

ARGuy

DFO Master
Reaction score
Grow up. You are not entitled to buy everything you want at the prices you want to pay. Until you learn how business works, you have nothing meaningful to contribute.

Reaction score

View attachment 580817
View attachment 580818

This Maple Custom Absolute is $1500 - CDN ($1142 USD), in excellent condition. 20/10/12/14 (no snare), MIJ.

View attachment 580819
if you add legs to the first and cut the rack toms to 8” from the second they would sell like a hot cake.

The hoops are Alu.

Here is one for sale too, like new old stock 10/12/14/18/14 for less than 1800 bucks.:
1662212313779.png

Or this 10/14/18 Absolute Nouveau for 1200 bucks:
1662217496745.png

Last edited:

Trilock_Gurtu

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
if you add legs to the first and cut the rack toms to 8” from the second they would sell like a hot cake.

The hoops are Alu.

Here is one for sale too, like new old stock 10/12/14/18/14 for less than 1800 bucks.:
View attachment 580888

Or this 10/14/18 Absolute Nouveau for 1200 bucks:
View attachment 580903
Oh, those die casts are alum...that makes buying that kit even more tempting.

Snooter

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aurora ,Indiana (south west from Cinci Oh)
Here's a nice set of YHM's at a great price

dsop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Drumprof

Reaction score
Anyone have an update on Yamaha’s wait times? I ordered a 16 floor tom back in June. The bag showed up in three days.

xopherhills

Reaction score
I am sure Yamaha does not mind me sharing this as it will be clear to customers very soon as they are looking for products. The e mail I got from my guys say that they will halt the production of AHMs and RCs for a year or so because of supply issues with lacquaring material. Oaks , Tour Customs or the PHX is not affected by this shortage. So, you see stock somewhere that you have been wanting for a while, this may be the time to pull the trigger if you don't want to wait a really long time. The finishes that will NOT be affected by this production suspension is the Real Wood in the RC and the Vintage Natura in the AHM.
I ordered a RC back in February and just received it a week ago. Sweetwater told me that only a few days after I ordered it that they were no longer accepting orders. The frustrating part was that they kept changing the delivery date. They gave me false hope every month that it would come in next month.

lossforgain

Team DFO
Staff member
Reaction score
Europe. You can contact Tonny at Interdrum, to see if it is still there. Even with taxes and all its still a smoking deal for a 5 piece bop in that condition.
Never mind, not on their website. But shipping would probably kill the deal anyway.