Songs I Greatly Dislike FRIDAY FIVE FER

TheBeachBoy

Ringo Fire
Reaction score
Any of these already mentioned and add in anything by Def Leppard, Motley Crue, pretty much every hair band really, Kid Rock, boy bands, the new country rap and bro-country stuff. There are a few others that we play that I dislike, but at least it's kept to a minimum and we don't play them too often, like Green Day's Basket Case.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Just turn top 40 country radio on for 5 songs and that's my five....wait probably will only count as one since they will all sound the same

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
As fun as it would be to join you guys in bashing songs from 30 years or more ago, I'll submit a few from acts that continue to offend:

Dawes -- The Age of Everything. Dawes is a pretty incredible Jackson Browne tribute, but to pass this off as anything other than an outtake from Running on Empty is ludicrous.

The Lumineers covering Tom Petty's Walls -- Sirius XM Spectrum plays this incessantly and it's made me hate not only the Lumineers and every song they ever recorded, but also DJs Jenny Elisque and Demos.

Pentatonix, Postmodern Jukebox and similar groups trying to to revive the absolute mediocrity that was The Manhattan Transfer.

Ariana Grande -- Her face always looks like she just got a whiff of strong cheese.

Kacey Musgraves (Slow Burn) -- The new darling of the Americana scene, to me, less authentic than Taylor Swift.

Oh, returning to bashing songs from decades ago, Paul Simon irritates me.

Commenting on other submissions, Europe's Final Countdown is a banger. I love Fergie enough to enjoy My Humps. I have no time for people who declare they hate all pop or, worse yet, all rap. We all understand your subtext, Grandpa. You miss "the good ol' days."

SpinaDude

Reaction score
I don't mind getting into this as long as we are talking strictly opinion. I know some of the stuff I will list here is good songwriting, and some of them have excellent playing. But this is just stuff I don't like.

Tom Sawyer -- RUSH

The Ocean -- LED ZEPPELIN

Walk on the Wild Side -- LOU REED

Hotel California -- THE EAGLES

All Right Now -- FREE

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I don't mind getting into this as long as we are talking strictly opinion. I know some of the stuff I will list here is good songwriting, and some of them have excellent playing. But this is just stuff I don't like.

Tom Sawyer -- RUSH

The Ocean -- LED ZEPPELIN

Walk on the Wild Side -- LOU REED

Hotel California -- THE EAGLES

All Right Now -- FREE
Tom Sawyer? Wow!