Songs I Greatly Dislike FRIDAY FIVE FER

gbow

Reaction score
Just imagine being the band that became famous for one of these songs!! You have to, and are expected to play it every time you play... FOREVER!!

No wonder a lot of musicians take drugs, commit suicide, and generally have a difficult time in life!

I know some of these guys and some of them hate playing these songs as much as anyone else does! Especially the drummers who typically didn't write the songs in the first place.

gabo

Neal Pert

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
How much do I hate the Grateful Dead?

Last week I drove an hour to get to the region's biggest and best bike shop. I was going to try out and likely buy an e-bike that would cost about $3500. When I walked in, they were playing some live version of "Fire on the Mountain" with one of those wack, out of tune guitar solos. I walked out without buying anything or even talking to the people.

That's a lot of hating the Dead. So yeah-- those guys. Almost all of their songs would go into my "Songs I Greatly Dislike" post, especially live versions that are out of tune.

snappy

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Replies to my thread with
thumbs down on
-most U2
-Crue
-Leppard hi n dry
-The ocean
-Tom Sawyer
It takes all kinds.
Nothing wrong with that

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Last week I drove an hour to get to the region's biggest and best bike shop. I was going to try out and likely buy an e-bike that would cost about $3500. When I walked in, they were playing some live version of "Fire on the Mountain" with one of those wack, out of tune guitar solos. I walked out without buying anything or even talking to the people.

That's a lot of hating the Dead. So yeah-- those guys. Almost all of their songs would go into my "Songs I Greatly Dislike" post, especially live versions that are out of tune.
Driving an hour to visit a specialized shop, and leaving because of the background music is not a sane reaction to any band.

Johnny K

Reaction score
Just imagine being the band that became famous for one of these songs!! You have to, and are expected to play it every time you play... FOREVER!!

No wonder a lot of musicians take drugs, commit suicide, and generally have a difficult time in life!

I know some of these guys and some of them hate playing these songs as much as anyone else does! Especially the drummers who typically didn't write the songs in the first place.

gabo
I'm pretty sure no one, and I mean no one (sober), ever asked John Paul Jones to play Ice Fishing At Night. Ever.

jtpaistegeist

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When at the gym in the mornings, having to hear some terrible IMO modern pop music. Until I get my earbuds going its like an Iheartradio extravaganza.

Cyrus, Perry, Cardi B, Eilish, Swift, Grande, Jonas, Minaj..........Ughhhh! Oh, and the occasional faux hiphop dance song with the obligatory 32/64th note hihat beat (heck even AT&T has this going through their entire tv commercial). Out of the 20 music videos I witness each morning on the TV, I might see one showing any musical instrument.

chollyred

Reaction score
There are a lot I'm not crazy about, but these two make the stations change!

Black Betty - Ram Jam
Lola - Kinks

rhythmace

Rhythmace
Reaction score
Oh Man! I had a beautiful girlfriend that did that to me. The song came out later on and I am sure she liked me hearing that message. Thing is, who is really the victim? I remember her saying that I should feel sorry for her. Laugh! Ace
P.S. All those "boy bands" that sing like they are whining. Girls are not that romantic. Stand up and quit acting like a pussy.
P.P.S. Remember that stupid song "Sweet Pea?" I can not hit the station button fast enough. Same for all of that bubble gum crap. I do like some disco like the BeeGees and Donna Summer. Will anyone else admit that they would love to see a hot girl topless band? Just for the art aspect, of course.

Last edited:

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen a show where Joe Walsh says before playing Rocky Mountain Way "If I knew I'd be playing this song for so long I wouldn't have wrote it" or something similar

sheridan

Reaction score
Any disco, alternative, grunge, death metal, and bubble gum boy band whiny singing drum machine songs.

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score

For me it is The Rolling Stones. Can't turn it off fast enough.

BennyK

DFO Master
Reaction score
I suppose she's a great singer to many, but Celine Dion does less than very little for me , regardless of the song . Believe me, I've tried .

Buffy St Marie , same thing .

Bandit

DFO Master
Reaction score
I suppose she's a great singer to many, but Celine Dion does less than very little for me , regardless of the song . Believe me, I've tried .

Buffy St Marie , same thing .

You just can't watch her sing. It ruins it for me every time. The same goes for Freddie Mercury.

Tracktuary

Reaction score
Self Esteem by The Offspring

Hands down the worst first two measures of any song I've ever heard.

Latest posts