Songs I Greatly Dislike (Pt 2) Friday Five Fer

RyanLovesDrums

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
When this song came out I had just broken up with a girl and the song title fit my situation perfect. But they played it on the radio so much that I absolutely hate the song now.

Pat A Flafla

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Chad Smith is a beast , I can’t listen to RHCP either ..
There are songs I just can't listen to because I don't like the singer, but that I found I really enjoyed playing in cover bands because they are good songs with irritating recorded vocal performances. Quite a few. For example, Godsmack and Creed.

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Did you mean Radiohead or Stone Temple Pilots? I'm good with the latter, meh on the former. But these folks made it OK. Come to think of it, my Fiver is gonna be songs I hate but PMJ made them tolerable to listenable. (yeah I know #5 is sacrilege on a drum forum, but Genesis has been dead to me since Duke)

RogersLudwig

DFO Veteran
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
53, my brother actually turns 60 today, drummer also, and he had all of the good stuff, my sister had meat loaf
A friend worked across town at Cleveland Records and Meat, Ellen Foley ( the woman on Paradise), Ian Hunter, and a few others were on the label. Somewhere I have this color vinyl of Bat Out of Hell I got in the offices. Good memories.

Attachments

• D4BA45C5-4D93-41C4-B30C-6D1B4CF7D9AB.png
    D4BA45C5-4D93-41C4-B30C-6D1B4CF7D9AB.png
    641.8 KB · Views: 8

DB-66

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most songs recorded by people that have or currently host The Voice. Especially the lady that karaoked Talk Talk.

Most songs sung by nasal-voiced whiny rock singers (Creed, Three Doors Down, etc.).

Every creepy song about hooking up with underaged girls.

Matched Gripper

DFO Master
Reaction score
If current bad music weren't so bland and forgettable, it would probably figure bigger in this conversation.
Bland and forgettable is we hat I think of country music over the past 30-40 years.

PS: And, it seems like the drum parts are trying to hard to be rock or funk. It just doesn’t work.

Last edited:

Ralph27

Reaction score
Just about every song by Coldplay, which is really only one song by Coldplay done in slightly different ways over the course of each album.