Sonor AQ2 Martini - Brown Fade

saturnresearch

Reaction score
Gently used Sonor Martini (AQ2, so maple shells, as opposed to its poplar predecessor) in lovely Brown Fade (lacquer, NOT a wrap!!). Aquarian Jack DeJohnette heads on the bass drum (batter and resonant) and Aquarian Modern Vintage on the toms. The rack tom head has a few stick marks (not dents -- my snare head is black) but this does not affect the sound. There are high quality Aquarian MV resonant heads on the toms as well. The snare has a silent stroke head on it because I only use it for quiet practice, but slap any head on it and it'll sound nice and crispy. Sonor bass drum riser and double tom/cymbal mount included. As with all Sonor products the quality control is excellent, the lugs run smoothly, and the bearing edges are perfect. I have treated this kit very respectfully and there are little to no signs of use on the shells.

*pictures to come on Friday*

I bought this at the beginning of the year with the intention of using it as a gigging kit (lol). It sounds fantastic, super snappy and surprisingly loud, but money is tight right now and my Gretsch kit will do just fine for me. Excellent for jazz, blues, folk and lighter styles of music but you can still hang at the hip hop and funk gigs without issue. This kit in this finish is almost $800 new!

$450 local pickup in Downtown Oakland, CA. If you live in the Bay Area, come by Jack London Square and snap up this amazing compact kit!! I can also ship it. Contact me and we'll figure out a shipping quote.