header.nohb.html

Sonor Force 2000

TCurtis

Reaction score
i recently acquired a 5 piece Sonor Force 2000 kit in decent condition. Unfortunately, it is missing the bass drum mounted double tom holder. I checked around and am unable to locate one. It appears to have a 1” diameter at the bass drum (single hole) and 21 mm diameter at the Tom’s. My hope would be to find a replacement. However, if this proves to be impossible, I was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a different mounting system . I have no problems replacing the entire unit, however, I am open to mounting the Tom’s from cymbal stands. What would be my best bet to replace the Tom holders (pole through the drum) with a more conventional L rod system. I was hoping something exists that would match the 3 screws in a triangular figuration , each 1/4” apart? And / or a
image.jpg
Tom holder to support this that similarly uses existing holes in the bass drum? I am not concerned with keeping the drums accurate, however if it’s possible, it would be preferable. I realize there are a few options. I can also mount the Tom’s with existing or new hardware from a stand . It is a made in Germany set, 12,13, 16, 22, 14x6.5. I did some looking and thought there was a drum maker or Gibraltar system that matches up best with these drums existing holes, that would give me a system similar to my older Mapex or newer Cat Club. The existing system resembles older Pearl mounts. I am open to mounting from the bass, from cymbal stands or a single double Tom holding stand. I would greatly appreciate advice on the best way to proceed. Money is a factor, I don’t want to break the bank but durability is also a concern as I may use these as a gigging kit. I got the drums for a great price, kind of fell into my hands( I don’t own birch). These drums sound great, can’t wait to get them assembled, cleaned up and new heads. But I have to mount them first. Any and all help, advice is greatly appreciated. My first choice is to find the correct mounting hardware or keep as much of the existing system that’s screwed into the drums. If that’s not attainable, curious as to what you folks familiar with Sonor would do. Any of the 3 ways of mounting is acceptable, but $, integrity, functionality are all concerns so I am open to any options! Thanks in advance, Ted.
image.jpg

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
Have you tried locating some of theL-shaped pieces that go into the toms? These could be mounted to a regular multi-clamp on cymbal stands. Too bad they are thinner than Pearl, not sure if older Sonor tubing would be the same diameter?

TCurtis

Reaction score
Have you tried locating some of theL-shaped pieces that go into the toms? These could be mounted to a regular multi-clamp on cymbal stands. Too bad they are thinner than Pearl, not sure if older Sonor tubing would be the same diameter?
these have the 22mm(?) tubes that go into the drum. If there is a system that uses thick enough L rods that can do this, who makes it? I’m honestly not aware of every drum companies mounts. I have only owned old Pearl, Mapex, a Gretsch Cat club and now these Sonors. That’s why I reached out to you folks. Who makes a mount I can use with minimal changes to the present plates already on the drums? Or does the newer L rod system used by Sonor use mounting plates that can be swapped out without drilling new holes the Tom’s or bass ?

TCurtis

Reaction score
Think your vintage needs TA-428 tom arms and the 400 lower twin tom mount.
I’m not familiar with the part numbers, however , it appears to be a 1” diameter down post to the bass drum that supports 2 - 21-22mm diameter posts that go into the Tom. I believe I have one located. It’s gonna probably cost me what I paid for the shells lol

Frank Godiva

DFO Master
Reaction score
Here it is

TCurtis

Reaction score
Here it is

I actually used Gibraltar mounts. I got the two arms, and a 1”downpost, that I thought would fit after a crude measurement. I think 15/16’s” is accurate. I ended up switching out the bass drum plate for one made by Tama I grabbed from a guy across town. It would have been nice to keep the kit original, but it wasn’t that important, I just want to play these drums, it wasn’t a restoration project- ie trying to increase the value, although I would have preferred these! I do have the original plate for the bass that will fit this if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 9