Sonor Force 3007 Jungle Kit---Huge Fun

Rudy Corona

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I picked one of these kits up at a half price blowout at Sam Ash a couple years back. Just the bass/toms, no snare. Idea was to use them at my bop gigs, which has worked out fine. My other kit is a Gretsch Renown 22/10/12/14 "fusion" setup, which is obviously very nice. Here's the thing, though. The Jungle kit has basically been packed up and taken out for gigs and that's it. The other day, I brought them down to the basement, set 'em up, made some ajdusments as far as tom height, etc. and had a play. Damn. I haven't enjoyed playing that much in a very long time. The little kit just FITS. They also sound great, using my Supra snare. Maybe I'm a small-kit (real small!) guy for real :icon_smile:

5 Style

DFO Star
Reaction score
I bet those are great drums, no doubt. A few years ago I played a mini Fibes kit with a 16" bass drum at a local music shop and loved it. As it is, I play most of my music on a standard sized bop kit with an 18" bass. I like articulate sound and ease of set up with these little kits. I use a bigger kit with a 20" bass for rock stuff, but I could see using some kind of a bop kit with a different, thicker has head set up for rock stuff as well... as long as it wasn't something where I had to sound like Bonham.