Sonor Performer (Iron Maiden autographed!) Classic 80s 5 Piece Drum Kit and stands + Pearl clamps & dampers

phinland

Reaction score
Sonor Performer 5 Piece Drum Kit with cymbal stands.

This is an absolutely classic kit, in bright white, from the late 80s with a massive punchy 80s/90s sound (Nicko McBrain was/is a big Sonor user), and is in A1 condition. Legendary German makers Sonor produced this as a more "affordable" kit (by Sonor's standards!), but players immediately realised that the quality immediately surpassed mid/high level kits of their competitors, (see this review: http://www.sonormuseum.com/1987/performer/performer.html) so you were effectively getting a kit of some 2 to 3 times the quality of the price you paid.

Mine also comes supplied with an additional double-braced Gibraltar boom cymbal stand, 2 auxiliary boom arms with Pearl clamps, and Pearl Tom dampers

14in snare, stand, 22in kick with pedal, 12in and 13in hanging toms, 16in floor tom. 6-ply 7mm beech tom shells, 9-ply 10mm beech kick, hi-hat stand, 3 double-braced cymbal stands (2 Sonor, 1 Gibraltar boom). Kit is in excellent condition. It comes with perfectly usable heads but these could probably be replaced. In addition, this kit was autographed on one of the heads by Nico McBrain of Iron Maiden (a huge Sonor user) at a drumming masterclass in the early 90s!

Offers around £400 but bear in mind this was bought in 1990 for £410 = £950 adjusted for inflation.

I'm based in Plymouth in the South West of England.

Attachments

edge

Reaction score
Of all the Sonor drums I have owned, Sigs, Phonics, Lites, I think the beech Performers with a Phonic 16x18 floor/bass drum were among the most awesome