SONOR SNARE CONCERT D476-14"x6,5"- (D476 Teardrop of 1966-N°612)

Prosp

Reaction score
Good morning, everyone,
here I am currently finishing the restoration of a very rare SONOR D476 snare drum because it is a "concert" model and compared to other D476 the shell is flat.
Everything is almost original except the "snarewire" and the "buttend" which is missing, I'm looking for one so if someone here has it in stock or knows someone who would have one, let me know ;) .
I also address myself to the experts of this type of material, I would like to make a personal estimate (as is) I am not at all aware of the vintage market and even less when the model is not widespread as this snare drum.
Here it is, thank you all in advance for your answer, and sorry for the translation but I'm French and I don't speak a word of English, like any good Frenchman who respects himself :) .
Have a nice day ;)

collage(2).jpg
collage(1).jpg
Honher pub.jpg
butée de timbre.jpg
collage(1).jpg

Attachments

Prosp

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for your answer, I went to STdrum I managed to get the strainer cap, but they don't have what I'm looking for in stock, not at the moment anyway.

Thanks again

Prosp

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I managed to get my hands on what I needed to put this snare drum back as it came out of the factory in 1966.
It is now complete and even if it has some defects due to years of good and loyal service that put to the test the chromes of some parts, the whole is perfectly functional and I must admit that its aesthetic weaknesses give it a certain charm.A regret nevertheless on the decision of a former owner who decided to make two drillings to fix a modern "buttend".
A regret nevertheless on the decision of a former owner who decided to make two drillings to fix a modern buttend.
The sound it provides is just magnificent, it is a real delight to play. I hope to be able to use it one day in the studio once I get rid of the damn COVID ....
I tried to find some info on this snare drum, to find people who have one, but I couldn't find anything, there must be others on this planet so if you have any links about this same model please share them with me.
I put some pictures and a little personal delirium like vintage pub ;)
see you next time ;)

Attachments

Prosp

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "coll3ctor, post: 2038953, membre: 35300"]
serait heureux d'entendre un fichier son de celui-ci :)
[/CITATION]

Prosp

Reaction score
Hi,
et bien dès que je pourrai, je posterai un fichier ou une vidéo, mais je pense que cela ressemble à un D476 standard, ceux référencés sur les catalogues officiels SONOR des années 60 (où ce modèle n'apparaît pas). Sauf pour la coque qui est différente, la taille et l'équipement restent les mêmes.
Impossible d'avoir des informations sur la production à l'époque de ce modèle, j'ai contacté des experts et des collectionneurs de la marque SONOR, mais pas de réponse. J'ai essayé d'obtenir des informations auprès des usines Sonor et Honner mais encore une fois, aucune réponse. Un grand mystère cette caisse claire;) ...

Prosp

Reaction score
[QUOTE = "Prosp, post: 2039031, membre: 32473"]
Salut,
et bien dès que je pourrai, je posterai un fichier ou une vidéo, mais je pense que cela ressemble à un standard D476, ceux référencés sur les catalogues officiels SONOR des années 60 (où ce modèle n'apparaît pas). Sauf pour la coque qui est différente, la taille et l'équipement restent les mêmes.
Impossible d'avoir des informations sur la production à l'époque de ce modèle, j'ai contacté des experts et des collectionneurs de la marque SONOR, mais pas de réponse. J'ai essayé d'obtenir des informations auprès des usines Sonor et Honner mais encore une fois, aucune réponse. Un grand mystère cette caisse claire ;) ...
[/CITATION]