sonor sq2 problems

Hazelwood7

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Looks like bubinga veneer. Please post the outside finish of the shell. Looks like a heavy shell. I think it’s heavy beech wood. They don’t make hybrid shells. Look at the serial number on the inside of the shell on the sticker and ether post it here or go to the sq2 configurator page and put on in there. It will spit it out the info for you. If you don’t feel comfortable with that just post the serial number and I can get you the info.

punkxiao

Reaction score
Looks like bubinga veneer. Please post the outside finish of the shell. Looks like a heavy shell. I think it’s heavy beech wood. They don’t make hybrid shells. Look at the serial number on the inside of the shell on the sticker and ether post it here or go to the sq2 configurator page and put on in there. It will spit it out the info for you. If you don’t feel comfortable with that just post the serial number and I can get you the info.
the serial didnt work at all!!!!
shame on sonor

Attachments

Hazelwood7

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Sonor purged the older serial pre 2012 from their system when they made the update to their system. Second, those shells may be medium maple. I looked at my kit and they look similar but it could be heavy shells. Can you give me a further out perspective on those bearing edges. Th e good news is when you figure it out you will be able to get add on drums. Sam I am studios could help you identify the shell type and thickness. Or show the pics on the sonor Facebook page. Lots of people on there can help.

flurbs

Reaction score
Heavy is 12 ply 8 mm.
But the drum in the picture above is clearly 6ply. I’m happy to be corrected but at one point the Beech that Sonor used was 1mm thick layers. Phonics were 9ply 9mm, Sig Heavies were 12ply 12mm. The decorative veneers are paper thin. The birch and maple ply count/thickness didn’t match up as the layers were thinner, but beech was 1:1.

Latest posts