Sonor Teardrops

DuplexTim

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a Sonor Teardrop kit. It could be a "project" kit. I'm also open to trades. I have several very cool vintage Duplex Kits and drums if you'd like to trade a "newer vintage kit" for an "older" kit. The Duplex drums I have are wmp, Swing era kits (late 30's, early 40's). Big bass drums, floor tom baskets...very Radio King like (exact same shells). Very cool. I'll be at the Chicago show if anyone is interested in a deal. If you're interested in selling outright, I'm open to that as well. Let's talk!!

K.O.

DFO Star
Reaction score
GC in Rockford Il. just got one on their floor. Looked to be in nice shape but priced at $1200 which struck me as high (although I don't follow Sonor pricing to any extent). It was 12/16/20 with matching snare (at least I think the floor was 16"). A sort of reddish and black oyster swirl. All in all quite cool and if it had been $7-800 I might have taken them home myself. I really like the look of those "shark tooth" lugs. There was some corrosion on some of the chrome on the FT hoops but other than that they looked good.