Sounds Good to Me!

Ralph27

Reaction score
Hey everybody. So I set up my old Catalina Elite (which I refuse to part with) after recently purchasing a new Gretsch Maple and I was simply too lazy to move cymbals from one kit to the other and decided to shop a little. I happened to find an old made in Germany Camber II 20" ride for $30 and it sounded decent enough in the store. The store, btw, is filled with tons of vintage hardware and drums, along with pigeon droppings in the attic where they store most of the percussion equipment, and is slowly being swallowed up by the big name competitors but I figured I'd give them as much business as possible. Anyway, I got the Camber home and lo and behold- not just a ride but a pretty nice sounding crash as well. Honestly impressed by the sounds I can get out of it and more than thrilled I only paid $30 for it. So I guess my question is this- what do you guys have that contradict all the marketing about high end cymbals and drums and simply enjoy the sounds they make? If I get a chance I'll send a video as well and maybe you'll hear what I hear. Cool. Let me know. What sounds good to you?

cruddola

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got five different brands of cymbals on my drum set. Right now I have a Meinl lower on top of a Paiste thin-crash for hats. I'm not a slave to any brand of cymbals. Buy what sounds good to you.