Source for 16” Plywood Reinforcement Rings

wewing

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to where I can purchase a 16” plywood reinforcement ring? I have a damaged Keller FT shell that needs the ring replaced. Thanks

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reactions: egw

wewing

Reaction score
Thanks. I looked at Precision Drum and didn't see anything listed. Nordic as you have linked has them cataloged. Perfect

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I looked at Precision Drum and didn't see anything listed. Nordic as you have linked has them cataloged. Perfect
For Precision, you just have to call them and tell them what you need.

Reactions: egw

wewing

Reaction score
I will give them a call tomorrow.

The shell appears to be in good shape, and is still round within 1/16", the ring however is fractured directly opposite the scarf joint, the scarf joint is broken loose as well. So rather than attempt to glue fractures I figure just remove and replace the ring.

Any opinions on best way to remove the ring? I am looking at using a 1/2" shank 1 1/2" cut length flushing router bit. Probably take it down in two or three passes.

varatrodder

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I would ask Precision about the best way to remove it. They are really nice, and every time I have asked a question they have been very helpful. About a year ago I called and asked if they had any champagne sparkle wrap scraps, and we talked for a good 10 minutes about wrap production, materials price increase, how awesome champagne sparkle is, etc.