Source for cymbal bag dividers?

JazzDoc

Reaction score
Anybody have a source for cymbal bag dividers? Humes & Berg used to make them but I've exhausted my searches trying to find some. I'd prefer padded dividers.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nacci

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Anybody have a source for cymbal bag dividers? Humes & Berg used to make them but I've exhausted my searches trying to find some. I'd prefer padded dividers.

Thanks in advance for any help.
My wife made me a ton out of felt, cut felt in 20” circles then sew 4 or 5 together from 3 to 9 o’clock. Cheap, effective and proactive.

DD1284C8-E70B-4F68-B0D5-1109C7D0BAF0.jpeg
4221818B-CAEB-4529-8F88-38F682623F61.jpeg

CherryClassic

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
Meinl used to or still does make some, I think they were for hard cases and have a center hole but would work. Tackle makes some canvas ones that they sell separately. I took some out of an old Ludwig Bag that I only use to store drum heads in now. I use them now and then when I take just hats and put them in a snare bag separating the snare and hats. I also have a cymbal bag made out of denim that my mom made me about 25 years ago when I first started playing out. She made me some tom bags as well. Sewing is a lost art these days....Nacci glad to see your wife still does

JazzDoc

Reaction score
Thanks, all you friends. blikum and Heartbeat - great find! florian1 has set me up with a bunch.

I appreciate all the responses. And so fast!!! :wav:

jptrickster

DFO Master
Reaction score
My how we’ve all (most) evolved and become so sophisticated.
Doc , your thread reminded me of the days of my youte ( best Pesci voice)
Wasn’t even aware of such a thing as a cymbal bag nevermind dividers. Cymbals were stacked together and set on top of the bass head , bass was loaded into dad’s station wagon laying flat so the cymbals would move around, held in by the hoop.
Drum cases ? What the heck were those! Nowadays I’m so fussy I want handmade fine Italian black leather.

Carry on

JazzDoc

Reaction score
My how we’ve all (most) evolved and become so sophisticated.
Doc , your thread reminded me of the days of my youte ( best Pesci voice)
Wasn’t even aware of such a thing as a cymbal bag nevermind dividers. Cymbals were stacked together and set on top of the bass head , bass was loaded into dad’s station wagon laying flat so the cymbals would move around, held in by the hoop.
Drum cases ? What the heck were those! Nowadays I’m so fussy I want handmade fine Italian black leather.

Carry on
HA! GearAcquisitionSyndrome is still alive although not as severe as it was some years ago! JP you old dog!

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
DIY answer: Buy some felt from a Michaels or AC Moore or Jo Ann fabrics. Or find plate bags at a Home decor atore or JC Penneys... something like that. The plate bags usually have pads for inbetween the plates. They won't be any bigger than a charger plate but better than nothing.

Tmcfour

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I'm honestly not that worried about my cymbals rubbing together in the hard case. They don't really move in it. The only concern I have is to put a divider between my sizzle hats and another cymbal. The rivets worry me a bit. I actually use pieces of a cut up egg crate foam mattress cover.... don't know why I didn't suggest that the first time. Haha

Latest posts