Source for relatively inexpensive solid brass tube lugs (not plated)?

polycrescendo

Reaction score
What is your favorite lug source for your drum builds? Also who has the hookup on WorldMax drum components? I need a bunch of brass components for a snare and I don't want to pay for custom parts this time around.

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
From what I can see, WorldMax and DFD do not offer "bare" brass parts... only "plated"

I had some Corder tube lugs made, and smoke billowed from my ears when I realized they were freshly-machined brass, not chrome plated. It cost me another $80 to get them chrome plated. So you can get custom Corder tube lugs, any length you like, but they are NOT cheap.

idrum4fun

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Yep, no such thing as "inexpensive" solid brass tube lugs! Don Corder has been making them for a very long time now. The best you'll find...and in just about any length you'll need! Chrome plating will certainly increase the cost!

-Mark

polycrescendo

Reaction score
The snare on the right has solid brass tube lugs but I don't know where they came from. I thought they were plated but one lug is scuffed pretty deeply revealing only more brass. I wish I could find the maker of these lugs. I figure that maybe one manufacturer might find it easier to make solid ones rather than take the time to plate them.
Regardless, I appreciate the input fellas.
IMAG1371.jpg

Drumming-4-Life

Reaction score
DFD and WorldMax offer solid brass tube lugs, either chrome or brass plated. Apparently, plating a brass lug with brass is more corrosion-resistant than simply having a bare brass lug???