Speed King Models

Rmgreg

Reaction score
Anyone know the difference between the l201's made 2001-2014 and the newer l203 speed king pedals?

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
The NAMM product release vids talked about the upgraded features, which included improvements on the cam bearings, direct-drive linkage (more 'reliable' & 'smoother'), and new heel plate bearings (squeak / slop relief over the old hinge pin).

Rmgreg

Reaction score
The NAMM product release vids talked about the upgraded features, which included improvements on the cam bearings, direct-drive linkage (more 'reliable' & 'smoother'), and new heel plate bearings (squeak / slop relief over the old hinge pin).

But isn't that improvements over the original 60s-70s model? I thought the l201 with the black accents on the footboard came between?

Hop

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
But isn't that improvements over the original 60s-70s model? I thought the l201 with the black accents on the footboard came between?
I'm making the assumption that those items weren't addressed with the 'turn of the century' update (I didn't follow the update closely and believe they just simply remanufactured a facsimile of original version, flaws and all, overseas), and thus why they made note of them on the latest update.

Sinclair

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Still play my WFL Speed King off my first kit. Refurbished by Bill Fulton who's comment after working on it was how far superior the WFL's were to the later Ludwigs. Hope the new ones are as good.