Splash bag?

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I keep my gigging cymbals in two bags, and when I leave for a gig just grab the appropriate bag.

The only problem is that I have several non-duplicate splashes and small crashes, and I'd like to take the whole assortment to gigs and select at the site. To that end I'd like to find a bag for cymbals up to 13"-14", with dividers. It would mean carrying one more bag, but I think it would be worth it.

I've been searching the Net without any success. Anyone here have any thoughts on this or suggestions on where I can find an appropriate bag?

AaronLatos

spang spang a lang
Reaction score
Yeah... Humes and Berg makes 14" marching crash bags. I'm sure some other company makes dividers you could put in, or you could make them yourself... the HB bags I've seen in small sizes have been Tuxedos and very, very well built.

Drumstyx7a

Team DFO
Reaction score
Hey Paul,

I was just doing the same search not to long ago. Didn't find a lot there either.

There are some cheaper bags that I found online that have like 3 dividers in them. That might be serviceable but you'd still have to pair up cymbals in the slots. And most of them are at least 20". Another option might be one of those plastic cases that allow you to lay the cymbals down in size order and then tighten them down but again you're looking at least 20".

I had also thought about a road case like Anvil or Road Runner that would house the cymbals. Lay them flat and put some form of cloth divider between them ... something a bit larger than briefcase would work ... put that may be overkill unless you have a fair number of them and want to take the entire collection along.

Robb

jyee

Reaction score
Take a look at china (the plates, not the cymbals) storage bags at your local Bed, Bath & Beyond or Linen's 'N Things. My wife has a few she uses to store our "fancy" dishes and platters in. Most have padding around the outer layer and unpadded cloth dividers.

FloydZKing

fire bad!
Reaction score
Oh yeah, you need a splash purse. I think this one by Pork Pie?

:D :D :D

paul

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I took Dan's advice and contacted Bob Chiasson. My 13" leather bag arrived a couple of days ago and will go to the gig tonight. Here it is standing next to my usual 22" bag along with the cymbals it carries: 12" Oriental trash, 10" A splash, two 8" Paiste Dimensions. and 6" A. No dividers, but the bag holds them fairly snugly, so there's not much moving around, and they'll still be treated better than in my old bags.

blueshadow

Just Shuffling along
Staff member
Reaction score
glad you didn't follow Floyd's suggestion. I imagined you walking down the street and getting it stolen, then having to yell at a cop "some stole my Splash Purse" :D

rokkman

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I use to use bank coin bags to put my cymbals in before I put them in the bag. I have put a 17" in one before.

Latest posts