Spring is Here - Practicing Outdoors

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I took advantage the great weather here in the Annapolis area to annoy my neighbors for 2 hours. i switched up my 2up 2 down studio kit to 1 up 1 down to free up my 10" and 16" toms to make a bop kit. What you see is a 10/13/14/16. The snare is a 13" metal shelll Pearl Piccolo snare.

I hope some of you fellas are getting outside to do the same.

suntrust locations near me

GeeDeeEmm

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Thought about doing that exact thing today! Problem with me is that my prospective setup areas all face the main country road here, and there is a lot of traffic. I wouldn't be able to play without friends stopping to listen - and talk, talk, talk. Even this brief setup for photos was taking a big chance!

GeeDeeEmm
Slingerland Concert King Rewrapped 021.JPG

crash

DFO Master
Reaction score
Live on the California coast. Frequently see someone set up on a bluff over the ocean. Need to try that.
Here’s the closest I’ve gotten so far...
55467ED8-CAAD-4D9E-8945-CC1130B77951.jpeg

cozy4ever

Reaction score
Would be kinda tough as I play hard rock with monster kicks...might be time to bring out the sticks & pad tho :icon_idea:

piccupstix

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I used to load my gear and drive up Angeles Crest Hwy to a favorite spot where I'd practice outside amongst the trees. Beautiful! One annoying drawback was the bugs. Hard to keep a steady beat when you're constantly swiping bugs from your face. My solution to that was to light up a cigar - kept the bugs away! But then I had to deal with smoke and ashes. Anyway, that all came to an end when a new law came along that made you have to pay a fee just to park.

Old Dog

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day, I'd love to play outside. Haven't Ever actually practiced outdoors. I may have to do that. :thumbup:

Johnny K

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
No one called the cops! Neighbor two houses down was outside and thought I sounded like Buddy Rich (i was playing alot of swing). He may have been just being nice. LOL. I did ask him it was loud and he said no, not a bother.