STAGG CYMBALS....Opinions?

fusseltier

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think they make arborea at that gong factory.

Soulfinger

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I´ve played a couple - the Ghengis line is pretty good, and the Ocean crashes (ultra paper thin) are very nice.
Thing is the new prices have gone up to almost the level of the big four but the resale value has not, and I doubt it ever will. So that should be considered when buying new.

Seb77

DFO Master
Reaction score
Thing is the new prices have gone up to almost the level of the big four
Maybe not quite to that level (just try to get a P or Z 22" china), but I also thought they noticed they could demand more.

premierplayer

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I've had a 12 SH splash for years. It gets the job done. I'm not looking for a replacement.
It has held up to a beating.
My experience with offshore cymbals says you need to try before you buy, consistency is not their high point, you may get lucky with a blind buy, or you may get a dud.

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
My son who also plays drums was looking for a jazz ride and we weren't looking to break the bank. Found a blemished Ghangis 20" ride (logo was blemished, who cares!) on Musicians Friend for $130. Listened to some sound files and was really impressed. Ordered the ride and he couldn't be happier. It honestly sounds quite like a K Con.

Corbin L Douthitt

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across this review on Stagg cymbals.

I love playing flat rides, don't play out anymore, but the 'Cymbalholic' addiction grabs me each time, so tell me what you know about Stagg. Yes, they are made in China, but so is Dream and Wuhan..and with a grreat following.

If you believe in the accuracy of youtube videos, what I have watched sound as good as any B20 hand lathed, hand hammered (which Stagg is). Comment reviews on the tube, very positive. So, what's the story?

Reverb has a few Stagg Flats for $159-179. Any experience with Stagg, especially the flats? What of the Big Four, would you compare them too?

ARTICLE: https://drumshoptalk.wordpress.com/reviews/cymbals/stagg-cymbal-review/
buy a few, put them away- in 10-20 years they will be collectors items- maybe not valuable, but collectible

Deafmoon

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I’ve played their effects cymbals only; bells and splashes and I gotta tell you, they sound pretty good for the money. Try them for yourself and see what you think.