Stagg Genghis Ride

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
So I found a great deal on a 20" Stagg Genghis Jazz ride for my son and figured, what the heck let's try it out. It arrived today and I have to say first impressions. I'm impressed. He has a 20" Zildjian A Medium ride but wanted something a little darker, more jazz feel. This is a really nice looking cymbal, and the sound is what he was looking for. Dark, complex, nice stick definition, and an awesome wash/crash when you hit stick shoulder to cymbal edge. I had no experience with Stagg before this, always thought they were entry level garbage, but after reading some recent reviews and articles it looks like they are trying to move up into the Dream territory of serious contenders. For what I paid, I am blown away with this cymbal.

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think these tertiary cymbal brands show alternative promise.
“Ghengis Ride”.
...great name, although it does not conjure the most subtle of music in my mind.

Soulfinger

Reaction score
My shop has one of these - it does sound nice but I was shocked by the price. I´m not going to pay Zildjian money for a Stagg cymbal.
Maybe they are more reasonably priced in the U.S.

Seb77

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Deeper, larger hammering. I've only tried 2 or 3, they seem to have quite a low pitch. The effect seems to be a bit similar to KCons or Meinl Foundry reserve.

My shop has one of these - it does sound nice but I was shocked by the price. I´m not going to pay Zildjian money for a Stagg cymbal.
? In Germany they seem more expensive than their other lines, but noit as expensive as Zs:

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
i picked up a 20 off Amazon for silly money..its a great instrument...but I like many of the SH line cymbals I've heard from them too...

Soulfinger

Reaction score
? In Germany they seem more expensive than their other lines, but noit as expensive as Zs:
229,- actually sounds ok for the quality. The sticker at my dealer´s says 339,-...

OldeEnglishD

Reaction score
I got the 20" with tax for $140. I can't find a used jazz ride for that price in my area. It was a blemish (the logo was faded in 1 spot).