Stairs of Snares

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had been meaning to document what I own and its value for my kids (in case I get on the wrong bus...or under one, yesterday).

I may be putting up the RMV and the deep COB Slingerland as I a have 4 wooden snares in the works (two chopped down from an old W/A Marcher).

prior to 2020 I was using the 4x14 Shell I got off the forum a lot and the 6 lug old Slingy shell (both on the landing)

Missing from the pic is an Eames 14x3.

Thankyou all for my continuing percussion education.
Snares on stairs.jpg

CC Cirillo

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. I’m curious about the time one in the bottom step. Looks big and wear are those knobs on the side?

21 snares. You have a favorite?

dtk

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. I’m curious about the time one in the bottom step. Looks big and wear are those knobs on the side?

21 snares. You have a favorite?
Oh...the purple one on edge at the bottom...those knobs are ego lugs. I tried to make the drum a 2 for 1 (I bought the naked shell)...1st attempt at staining...I didn't think it out well though (lugs/rod length) and now I'm using it with a silent stroke head. FAVES: On its side on the landing between the two piles of drums is a 4x14 shell I bought from someone here. That's my favorite right now...a lot of body and crack and I assembled it like it was a fever dream (I was living in my parents basement while my divorce went off track...I think I put snare beds on both edges...but somehow the drum sounds great). The other drum I was using a lot is the 6 lug Slingy (2nd from top, right pile on landing). Its dark but sensative and was perfect with this 80s sounding alternative band. I also got that shell with my son at the CT drum show for $1 when he was like seven. The animal print drum (and the pink one) belong to my daughter technically...she won it at a drum clinic in 07 and Cindy Blackman autographed the shell.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
wait how many drummers live in that house? : )

JimmySticks

Very well Known Member
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, I was wondering where the Eames 14x3 was, I didn’t see it in the pic... :icon_lol:

Some collection!