Stan Lynch Interviews Downloads

jb78

Reaction score
Thank you -- just read the interview and it was awesome! Well done, Johnny D. I love Stan!

Last edited:

bleen

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those, Dan, and John, thank you so much for an incredible interview!

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
What a great article. I didn't realize he played on Heart of the Matter (which I just learned to play with the Eagles trib band I just played with). Great simple track which feels so good!

Thx

Last edited:

What It Is

Reaction score
What an overwhelming influence on my playing. Those TP songs hit me hard as a young kid in the late '70's, and next to Stewart Copeland, Stan Lynch was the guy to follow. Stan is the coolest cat and made each of those TP tracks memorable. Thanks John for the interview.

singleordoubleheads

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
What an overwhelming influence on my playing. Those TP songs hit me hard as a young kid in the late '70's, and next to Stewart Copeland, Stan Lynch was the guy to follow. Stan is the coolest cat and made each of those TP tracks memorable. Thanks John for the interview.
I have been touting Stan for years on here...I basically lost all interest in TP after he was fired/quit. And YES, I LOVE Steve too, but Stan was the Perfect Fit for them, the same as Liberty with BJ Carlos with JT.

Are the "new guys" better? Maybe, but not in THOSE particular bands. Would be like replacing Charlie Watts or Don Henley from their bands for me and replacing them with Keltner or Porcaro....could they play? Hell yes! Would it work for ME personally, Hell No!!

jaymandude

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Beatles vs Stones
Ringo vs Charlie
Matched vs Traditional
Stan vs Steve.

I say this with all due respect, which is a weird way of starting a question.. but do any of you ever consider Tom’s needs and wants in this or is that superfluous? I realize it’s a fantasy internet debate but it just kind of strikes me as strange where folks are coming from with all this opinion.

Last edited:

DanRH

Old guy, getting younger
Reaction score
Beatles vs Stones
Ringo vs Charlie
Matched vs Traditional
Stan vs Steve.

I say this with all due respect, which is a weird way of starting a question.. but do any of you ever consider Tom’s needs and wants in this or is that superfluous? I realize it’s a fantasy internet debate but it just kind of strikes me as strange where folks are coming from with all this opinion.
I’m with you on this. I love both Stan and Steve’s time with TP. Different drummers to me equate to different bands. Tom moved on...

Latest posts