Stanton Moore Joins Zildjian

Mn02

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
His site confirms it and here is a vid of him from DCP playing some Keropes -

I know endorsements don't really matter, but I do think it is fun, particularly with cymbals, to hear different guys on different brands. I love Stanton and always associated him with a dirty, smoky sounding cymbals, so it will be coll to see what he plays from the Zildjian family and what he helps them develop.

Reactions: JDA

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
There's already been an endless, dull-as-dishwater thread about Stanton Moore trading in his Toyota Camry for a Honda Accord -- which is what this basically amounts to.

The fascination with the marketing minutia of the various cymbal brands is a complete wonder to me. I have four different cymbal brands on my set at the moment, and I have little to no interest in what gear most tub-thumpers get paid to play.

Drum Gear Review

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
There's already been an endless, dull-as-dishwater thread about Stanton Moore trading in his Toyota Camry for a Honda Accord -- which is what this basically amounts to.

The fascination with the marketing minutia of the various cymbal brands is a complete wonder to me. I have four different cymbal brands on my set at the moment, and I have little to no interest in what gear most tub-thumpers get paid to play.

Cool!

Paradiddle

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
Saw this one coming when Bosphorus went to Crescent went to Sabian. I'm surprised Hamilton has switched yet either. He and Stanton and one other name drummer were "part owners" or something of Bosphorus.

Tigerdrummer

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Saw this one coming when Bosphorus went to Crescent went to Sabian. I'm surprised Hamilton has switched yet either. He and Stanton and one other name drummer were "part owners" or something of Bosphorus.
I thought Jeff went with Sabian and still has his name on his cymbals there. This made me think he was there for the long hall

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

As long as drum forums exist, there will be these topics. You're wasting your time commenting on them. To each their own. Some drummers are intrigued by this in the same way as when an all star athlete signs to different team.

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
As long as drum forums exist, there will be these topics. You're wasting your time commenting on them. To each their own. Some drummers are intrigued by this in the same way as when an all star athlete signs to different team.
If a drummer moves to another band, that’s like an athlete switching teams. The more apt metaphor for switching cymbal brands would be an athlete making the change from Hanesbrands socks to Gold Toe.

Glad it interests some of the gear fetishists, though.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
If a drummer moves to another band, that’s like an athlete switching teams. The more apt metaphor for switching cymbal brands would be an athlete making the change from Hanesbrands socks to Gold Toe.

Glad it interests some of the gear fetishists, though.
It's a lost cause fighting this battle.You should be practicing instead of telling everybody that you're above this.

Johnny D

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
I thought Jeff went with Sabian and still has his name on his cymbals there. This made me think he was there for the long hall
He did and he does and he probably is. LOL.
I don't think Jeff is going anywhere. He was with Zildjian for almost 30 years, then moved to Bosphorus around 2000. The Bosphorus U.S. distribution deal got weird with their ownership, so he formed Crescent with Stanton and another person, then they sold Crescent to Sabian. I think Sabian looks after Jeff pretty well (and he doesn't ask for/need much) so you won't see him make a change. But what do I know...

Last edited:

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

Yeah, what a boring thread. Nothing compared to these gold nuggets :icon_e_biggrin:

Screenshot_20200221-220114.jpg

Last edited:

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Reaction score
Yeah, what a boring thread. Nothing compared to these gold nuggets :icon_e_biggrin:

View attachment 428428
Unlike this repeat post, all the gold nuggets you cited brought something entirely new to the forum.

You have to admit there have been few greater headlines in the drum world than "If You're Going to Torch My Beautiful Pearl Drum Kit, At Least Cook Some Meat or Marshmallows Over the Fire!"

It's poetry, really. Thanks for the reminder!

Latest posts