Stanton Moore Moves to Zildjian

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
* May be prototype or discontinued (lol

Gotta keep it fresh I guess like anything else.
no matter who you are.

that doesn't even look like him Is that him? ...
did he get his hair cut too

Bongo Brad

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
He's not listed as an endorser on Sabian's page,but they still show his signature cymbal line.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
By the way, I really dig (dug?) his signature fat hats and wide rides.

Markkuliini

DFO Veteran
Reaction score

that doesn't even look like him Is that him? ...
did he get his hair cut too
Yes that's him, that's how he looks. You are confused because sunglasses.
I guess he goes to barber one in a while. Or maybe he has someone in the family who does his hair. Fascinating topic. :p

Vistalite Black

Ludwigs in the Basement
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I never understood all the comments on endorsers switching brands.

It's like when my neighbor showing up in Wranglers instead of Lee jeans. Or when I replaced my Mini with a VW. Big whoop!

Some of the fanatics on here probably have a cymbal maker's logo tattooed somewhere.

dustjacket

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
I never understood all the comments on endorsers switching brands.

It's like when my neighbor showing up in Wranglers instead of Lee jeans. Or when I replaced my Mini with a VW. Big whoop!

Some of the fanatics on here probably have a cymbal maker's logo tattooed somewhere.
This is interesting because Stanton has tried for a decade to get his line to make an impact with Bosphorus then Sabian partnering with him. He is one of the 3 or 4 main guys behind the Crescent brand. So, on the business side of things, I personally find this intriguing.

JDA

DFO Star
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes that's him, that's how he looks. You are confused because sunglasses.
I guess he goes to barber one in a while. Or maybe he has someone in the family who does his hair. Fascinating topic. :p
what are you his mother :D
since 1998 btw, I charge a nickle every time I'm quoted.
watch your tab.

Last edited:

JazzyJeff

Very well Known Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stanton is bigger deal than he's being given credit for. He's what the kids today would call an influencer - signature lines with sticks, snare drums (both Dunnett and Gretsch), LP percussion, and probably other things as well. he also now owns Tipitina's in NOLA, so along with the Gretsch Brooklyn house kit, he'll have some Zildjians to provide as well.

He was the reason I discovered Bosphorus cymbals and then later Crescents (Bosphorus with better Quality Control). I've owned the whole SM series at one point. Through that, was exposed to the Masters/Vanguard series and others. Sabian didn't do the Crescent line justice in my opinion, so this is cool to me.

No tattoos here.

hawker

DFO Veteran
Reaction score
As others have suggested I think this is a pretty big deal. Stanton was not just an endorser of Bosphorus and Crescent, he also had some skin in the game as a part owner with Bosphorus USA He also designed cymbals and was far more than just an endorser. It seemed to me that he was happy with the way the new Cresecents were sounding but maybe he was unhappy that they weren't be pushed as hard as other cymbal lines at Sabian? Or who knows, maybe Sabian wasn't happy with the way they were selling? None the less, I've met Stanton a couple of times and he is a class act on every level. He'll always be a success even if he stopped playing drums today...but I trust that'll never happen. I love his playing, his versatility and his enthusiasm.

Tornado

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a Bosphorus fan, and I hate for them that big names like Stanton and Jeff Hamilton left. Those two gave the brand a lot of credibility. Oh well, at least I can find them cheap sometimes.

Reactions: JDA

rdumas

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Posted on IG...birdseye view of Stanton's new setup Stanton's Zildjian setup

...and wonder if that's a new kit as well? Was using Brooklyn's but that kit has New Classic lugs?