Star, SQ2, or Craviotto !!

Mapex Always

Reaction score
I have a bmx connection as well.
I was the head cycling coach for Lindsey Wilson College from 2008-2014. I coached several world class athletes including 2-time Olympian Danny (Easy Money) Caluag.
Danny also won a collegiate National Championship for me and at my retirement party presented me with his jersey.
View attachment 530004 View attachment 530005 View attachment 530006
That’s night and day over what I was talking about, This is the real deal right here! This is like the BMX Hall of Fame! You made a difference in peoples lives through bikes that’s absolutely awesome kudos my brother!

Mapex Always

Reaction score
@Mapex Always, I don't know what to say, other than you have some incredible toys! I'd love to see pics of all your new gear when it arrives. And the Lamb too!
Just having fun! God and family are everything. Absolutely I’ll post those pics as they come. Also thank you to you for trying to help me learn how to post the pictures I appreciate you.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
In these parts, “flex” is slang for a show of status, power or wealth meant to make the flexer appear superior to an audience who do not have the same levels of the aforementioned.

AKA showing off.

I don’t really mind in this case, given that I’m a drummer and appreciate top notch gear. Especially when the SQ2 shows up.

Fwiw, I looked up the slang definition of flex just after typing my reply and I nailed it:

“Flex is a slang expression for showing off with your assets, be it physical, financial or mental; it is to boast with your superior position to others. People, who “flex” too much are considered rigidly arrogant, egocentric and exaggerated”

Remember this is a reference to another post that said “strange flex.” I’d have to agree.
OK I have to ask you this, you’re saying the person that said I was flexing is actually saying I’m showing off?

Let me just get this straight for a minute, drums stereo car all three things that I was very hesitant and Apprehensive to even learn how to post pictures of nonetheless actually doing it, But did it after a week or two of what seemed like 20 different people asking and NEEDING me to do it.

In A thread I only started because another gentleman wanted me to talk about something other than MAPEX.

And being told I was a liar unless I did it.

So the act of me doing it is me showing off? All in a moment’s time, a few pictures before I went to bed and a few pictures after I woke up.

And You’re saying you agree with that gentleman?

This place is insane! :)

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not normal to announce a Star, Crav and Q2 order all at once, while simultaneously comparing the finishes to your Lamborghini. I can guarantee, that no single thread in the history of drum forums, contained anything near to the content of that post. You're in rarified air and even though you're very welcome and encouraged to post on this public drum forum, your collection and order, is an anomaly. I have nothing against any of your content but you have to realize that this is not normal in the day to day of drum discussion forums. I hope you stay around for a long time and continue to share your thoughts and pics of your gear and toys. Happy Thanksgiving.

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
And...I nearly ordered the Versatus kit before I ordered the kit I'm awaiting now. Mostly based on my stellar experience with the Saturn V kits and the Velvetone. Mapex makes great drums and the innovations in design should be welcomed by everyone in our community.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
And...I nearly ordered the Versatus kit before I ordered the kit I'm awaiting now. Mostly based on my stellar experience with the Saturn V kits and the Velvetone. Mapex makes great drums and the innovations in design should be welcomed by everyone in our community.
Thanks for your words man in both post! You’re going to love your Yamaha Phoenix!

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your words man in both post! You’re going to love your Yamaha Phoenix!
Of course! I don't have a PHX on the way, though I've owned two and they're very special drums. The PHX, Maple Light Desinger and Heavy Beech Q2 are the best sounding kits I've ever played and owned. I have a thin reringed Mahogany kit on the way. Totally different beast from all angles.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Of course! I don't have a PHX on the way, though I've owned two and they're very special drums. The PHX, Maple Light Desinger and Heavy Beech Q2 are the best sounding kits I've ever played and owned. I have a thin reringed Mahogany kit on the way. Totally different beast from all angles.
That’s going to be fun! You are blessed! What color finish?

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
When this kit arrives how many kits will you have set up and ready to go? By the way it’s going to look beautiful! I absolutely love drums LOL
Thanks. Just this one. I have an atv ekit paired with a mimic pro at home. For the first time in my life as a drummer, I didn't have an acoustic. For the last year, I've not owned an acoustic set of drums, weird feeling. I'm pretty anxiously waiting for this one.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Thanks. Just this one. I have an atv ekit paired with a mimic pro at home. For the first time in my life as a drummer, I didn't have an acoustic. For the last year, I've not owned an acoustic set of drums, weird feeling. I'm pretty anxiously waiting for this one.
Haha That’s great!! Think how pumped up you’re going to be when it shows up! This will be your seventh acoustic set of drums, do I have that correct? That’s brilliant! Do you at least have acoustic snare drums around the house to play? Anyway It was great learning about your drumming adventures you’ve had some serious equipment in your life, good for you my brother! Happy Thanksgiving and Thanks again, Because I Promise you, Thought I accidentally walked into an insane asylum LOL, only to find out, maybe I’m the one that’s a little nuts, For some reason I prefer that :)

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha That’s great!! Think how pumped up you’re going to be when it shows up! This will be your seventh acoustic set of drums, do I have that correct? That’s brilliant! Do you at least have acoustic snare drums around the house to play? Anyway It was great learning about your drumming adventures you’ve had some serious equipment in your life, good for you my brother! Happy Thanksgiving and Thanks again, Because I Promise you, Thought I accidentally walked into an insane asylum LOL, only to find out, maybe I’m the one that’s a little nuts, For some reason I prefer that :)
Significantly more than 7... I like drums too hahaha. I've played most of what's out there and owned a lot of it too.

LauraCai

Reaction score
Mapex Man, I really like Lambos. Please pull up the car cover & take a quick photo of that bright yellow “Lambo 804 Limited SE” in that same space in the garage. Now that you learned how to take photos & upload them, should only take you a minute. I assume you want to show the actual car given your pride in owning it. Thanks.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Mapex Man, I really like Lambos. Please pull up the car cover & take a quick photo of that bright yellow “Lambo 804 Limited SE” in that same space in the garage. Now that you learned how to take photos & upload them, should only take you a minute. I assume you want to show the actual car given your pride in owning it. Thanks.
Sorry Laura I’m going to slow down a bit, rubbing too many folk the wrong way here … as for pride in a car, not really at all, it was stated to reference a color and shown to make things easier for the doubters. Hope you had a great thanksgiving!

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Significantly more than 7... I like drums too hahaha. I've played most of what's out there and owned a lot of it too.
So apparently your the man!! Not me lol … hopefully you end up with the Versatus one day, I know you came close, Is it a cliché to say there’s nothing like it? Thanks for the warm conversation last night. God bless

jkuhl

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
So apparently your the man!! Not me lol … hopefully you end up with the Versatus one day, I know you came close, Is it a cliché to say there’s nothing like it? Thanks for the warm conversation last night. God bless
No I'm just some dude that likes drums and likes to try what's out there. I had like 2 kits over the course of the first 20+ years of my drumming career and toured and gigged heavily with both and was totally happy with my gear. There were two kits I played on the road that made my ears do q double take. The first and favorite, was an Eames kit that just sounded and felt amazing. The other, was an RC that was so much fun to play. Shorlty after i stopped playing full time, I joined the forums and well...