Reaction score
Which one?
This one

9CA9A3B4-FE3D-4406-B0BB-1F355E790B02.jpeg

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey M-Grper. thanks for puttin those in one thread where they're all together to compare the sounds. I never did that. Yes all these are recorded with basically three mics. Two overheads and a bd. The close micing you do see I used very sparingly in the mix only to capture the natural close sound of the toms you hear while playing these drums.
Still using these as my go to kits. I'd put them up against any wood drums plus they have a vibe all there own.
Anyway thanks much.
Good lord , I really enjoyed your playing , a lot !!!

k_50

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
Yes the Pearl Masterworks snare drums sound absolutely fantastic.

Fact …. whatever drums one is playing at any moment in time , Someone is playing a Mapex Saturn as good or better.

Great video … a must watch.

If that is indeed a fact, why are you spending such big money on other brands' über kits? Assuming that Saturn > All, I fail to to see any reason but bragging rights.
And what's the relevance of Thomas Lang tuning a DW kit?

Mapex Always

Reaction score
If that is indeed a fact, why are you spending such big money on other brands' über kits? Assuming that Saturn > All, I fail to to see any reason but bragging rights.
And what's the relevance of Thomas Lang tuning a DW kit?
You caught me , I was trying to be discreet , I’m buying all these other kits just to brag , thanks for pointing it out :) …. It’s like caviar, I have a favorite , But when I go into high end French cuisine restaurants I just order a bunch of others to show off, I’m a real ass that way.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Hey M-Grper. thanks for puttin those in one thread where they're all together to compare the sounds. I never did that. Yes all these are recorded with basically three mics. Two overheads and a bd. The close micing you do see I used very sparingly in the mix only to capture the natural close sound of the toms you hear while playing these drums.
Still using these as my go to kits. I'd put them up against any wood drums plus they have a vibe all there own.
Anyway thanks much.
Wood drums just have some thing that metal drums could never capture , it’s innate …. With that being said I am interested in playing one of these kits and if it feels and sounds like it does in your videos I will purchase it.