Oklahoma City

6B14B8AF-8E23-4605-8F42-9CA4627F84FF.jpeg
20574511-E2EF-4690-BD36-92843247D989.jpeg
20574511-E2EF-4690-BD36-92843247D989.jpeg

Houndog

DFO Star
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool. So you’re a known drummer in Oklahoma City?
I would say yes ….

I do a lot for the drumming community in Oklahoma.

Some refer to me as The President Of The OK Drummers association.

It’s not really an official association.
I started a FB group 5 years ago and used to have clinics and hangouts at my place …

It certainly doesn’t mean I’m one of the best skillwise …

Steech

DFO Veteran
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here’s my group , feel free to send a request to join .
We don’t have drama . Everyone there says it’s the best group they belong to .

View attachment 539239
Wow, impressive! I closed my Fb account about 3 years ago so won’t be able to join, but I feel honored to know you here on this forum. I had a feeling that there some heavyweights among us here.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
Another awesome member sent me a cool message yesterday …. Thanks brother!! Truly a gift that you found this.

I was 19 at the time we wrote and recorded this … what a blast hearing it again!

The first 4 minutes and 20 seconds or so of this track , in the early 90s , got some good airplay along with a couple other tracks , helped us sell out shows , and made us a nice penny.

One of James Brown’s producers was involved with the recording back in the day , if I remember correctly … pretty much just a live studio recording with a couple guitar overdubs … all 8 tracks recorded in 2 days … great times!

Guitar player went on to become one of the founders of the NFL Network ,, bass player really kept us going back in the day …. Last I saw the vocalist , was the night I decided to become a Doc lol … wonder how she is?

Anyway have fun abusing or not :)

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another awesome member sent me a cool message yesterday …. Thanks brother!! Truly a gift that you found this.

I was 19 at the time we wrote and recorded this … what a blast hearing it again!

The first 4 minutes and 20 seconds or so of this track , in the early 90s , got some good airplay along with a couple other tracks , helped us sell out shows , and made us a nice penny.

One of James Brown’s producers was involved with the recording back in the day , if I remember correctly … pretty much just a live studio recording with a couple guitar overdubs … all 8 tracks recorded in 2 days … great times!

Guitar player went on to become one of the founders of the NFL Network ,, bass player really kept us going back in the day …. Last I saw the vocalist , was the night I decided to become a Doc lol … wonder how she is?

Anyway have fun abusing or not :)

I'm glad you posted this. That was cool early 90's stuff. :). Is that your YouTube channel? I listened to the other two tracks.

Mapex Always

Reaction score
I'm glad you posted this. That was cool early 90's stuff. :). Is that your YouTube channel? I listened to the other two tracks.
Thank you for that kind man!! It is not , Remember I’m the guy who didn’t even know how to post a pic on these forums LOL I have no clue about YouTube channels …. I have no idea where this came from ,, I’m just so glad that nice member here at these forums sent it to me.

I’m going to check out the other tracks as well … he had told me there is a few ,, I believe “A Better Way” our show closer :) ,, I’m not sure which other song is up?

Tornado

DFO Master
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for that kind man!! It is not , Remember I’m the guy who didn’t even know how to post a pic on these forums LOL I have no clue about YouTube channels …. I have no idea where this came from ,, I’m just so glad that nice member here at these forums sent it to me.

I’m going to check out the other tracks as well … he had told me there is a few ,, I believe “A Better Way” our show closer :) ,, I’m not sure which other song is up?

Mapex Always

Reaction score
@rwm5 , you have made these last couple days a lot of fun here for me , can’t thank you enough for that.

What a trip down memory lane ,, remembering in my head the feel of all those moments of writing, learning, recording and preforming those 3 songs, debut album and band mates. Great stuff!

SpinaDude

Very well Known Member
Reaction score
@rwm5 , you have made these last couple days a lot of fun here for me , can’t thank you enough for that.

What a trip down memory lane ,, remembering in my head the feel of all those moments of writing, learning, recording and preforming those 3 songs, debut album and band mates. Great stuff!

Catch us up here, guys. I think I missed something. MapexAlways, Tribulation was your band? Was that NY/NJ/CT area? Did I see you at Studio 1 or Streets? That would be amazing! I like the tracks very much. Great versatility. Sounds like you guys were having a lot of fun, which is absolutely the most important part.